Sign in to follow this  
clemenceau

Return Yards

Will the compiler have return yards? My one league gives all players 1 point per 20 yards for return (Kickoff or punt) yardage. This makes people like Warrick or Mason much more valuable and makes Hall a draftable WR... Any chance the compiler will include return yard projections per player and allow that to be entered in the scoring rules for rankings? Thanks!

If you think doing return (kickoff and Punt) yardage for players would be difficult I'd be happy with even just a ~estimate of return yardage based on years passed and if they will fill that role on the team again.

What I'm really looking for is to go stud RB and pick up some decent mid teir WR who'll become solid gold with the additon of return yardage / scoring. Hopefully you guys will work some magic and find a way to include it:)

Ok so now that the first version of this is out you'll have plenty of time to work on this right:)

If return yard projections are to difficult could a colum or two be added for each team on the depth chart tabs indicating who the starting kickoff and punt returners are for the team... I know it sounds like a lot of work but I also know we're not the only league that includes these!

Thanks for your hard work!

If return yard projections are to difficult could a colum or two be added for each team on the depth chart tabs indicating who the starting kickoff and punt returners are for the team... I know it sounds like a lot of work but I also know we're not the only league that includes these!

That's a good idea. Let me put that on the list. If Mike K. does offense around here though and Tony does IDP, maybe what we need is a special teams expert.

I must be the last name on all threads, even if I have nothing else to contribute :ph34r:

:angry:

I must be the last name on all threads, even if I have nothing else to contribute  :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

Slacker alert! Slacker alert! Slacker alert! Slacker alert!

No longer the last name on this thread.

Any news on the update?

Can I negotiate we do an article on FF Today dedicated to top returners instead? (half kidding)

The key for me isn't just the top returners and projections for them, but is the guys who play dual roles (like Derrick Mason) and could be a real gem when combining their offensive performance with their special teams play. I really am looking for a list, with maybe a little bit of projections, on who the dual role players will be!

Will next years version include this needed update? :mad:

Pushing it... :D :(

Is this something you guys think your going to be able to work in? Or are you going to do an article or something like that? Just curious i've got some drafts coming soon:)

What I'm thinking is I'm going to add a special teams tab to Draft Buddy. In that we'll put the anticipated punt and kick returners, plus an area for notes. If we aren't sure who the returners will be, then we will leave space for them. Maybe we'll even knock the players off the list as drafted. We'll see about that.

Oh, and as far as timing goes I think end of this week in Buddy 2.0 but I'm not sure how much returner data I will collect at that time. Certainly the projected returners are very fluid at this early stage of training camps just getting underway.

Ha! You're welcome! Sorry about the lack of timer though. It just was not coming together.

For the return stuff, now we just some better info in there. If you do any research on probably kick and punt returners, send it over to me if you don't mind so I can add it in.