Sign in to follow this  
fightklub

Oficial JETS draft room

I really hope they don't draft a qb in the 1st rd. If pennington gets hurt again, I really think Ramsey can be a good qb with the right structure in place

I really hope they don't draft a qb in the 1st rd. If pennington gets hurt again, I really think Ramsey can be a good qb with the right structure in place

I hope they move down and get AJ Hawk... :first:

I really hope Williams fals to them at 4. All the mocks I see where that happens the Jets wind up with a great combination of players with 4, 29, and 32. There are OL, RB and LB to be had late 1st early 2nd, but no DE anything like Williams.

I now have strong feelings about what they should NOT do. I will be crushed if the Jets move up or even simply take a QB at 4. We need so much, and have an opportunity to fill a good number of those holes. Adding a QB won't help us for a few years, Williams, Ferguson, Hawk, could all help right away.

Build the Defense, the O-line, and somewhere along the way find your RB of the future. There are a few RBs who would look good in Green like Marooney, Williams, or White. How many teams out there are in dire need of a RB? If the past few drafts have shown us anything it's that RBs tend to slip as there is a glut at that position right now. If Pennington or Ramsey aren't the answer then you look again next year.

I really hope Williams fals to them at 4. All the mocks I see where that happens the Jets wind up with a great combination of players with 4, 29, and 32. There are OL, RB and LB to be had late 1st early 2nd, but no DE anything like Williams.

I now have strong feelings about what they should NOT do. I will be crushed if the Jets move up or even simply take a QB at 4. We need so much, and have an opportunity to fill a good number of those holes. Adding a QB won't help us for a few years, Williams, Ferguson, Hawk, could all help right away.

Build the Defense, the O-line, and somewhere along the way find your RB of the future. There are a few RBs who would look good in Green like Marooney, Williams, or White. How many teams out there are in dire need of a RB? If the past few drafts have shown us anything it's that RBs tend to slip as there is a glut at that position right now. If Pennington or Ramsey aren't the answer then you look again next year.

Houston did very well while Martin was out. Don't need a RB early, and White, Marooney and Williams will be long gone even before we pick again in the 1st at 29. Draft a good OL, and you can put anybody back in there... See Denver. :unsure:

If they stay at #4 I'd be happy with Williams,Hawk, or D'Brick...in that order

I agree with most of what you said, although I hope they take Mangold at 29. I'm willing to see what kind of rb Houston can be, but If D.Williams fell to us at 29 and we took him it wouldn't bother me

If they stay at #4 I'd be happy with Williams,Hawk, or D'Brick...in that order

I agree with most of what you said, although I hope they take Mangold at 29. I'm willing to see what kind of rb Houston can be, but If D.Williams fell to us at 29 and we took him it wouldn't bother me

I wouldn't mind seeing us draft M.Williams, then Mangold and then see what's left at RB when 35 comes around. If nothing, fine, see what Houston can do and look again next year. The great thing is that when 29 comes up, they can gauge what will be there in 6 picks as far as positions go. I just think the people who believe that so many RBs will DEFINTELY be taken in the first 28 picks are not paying attention to recent history. Again, with so many needs to fill they aren't married to one strategy. That doesn't say much about the state of the team, but it gives them flexibility in the draft, lol.

That new Jets head honchos, GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Eric Mangini, didn't attend Matt Leinart's workout might seem revealing, but know this: An entire Jets entourage, including the bosses, will be in Los Angeles on April 17 to huddle with Leinart, the Daily News learned. That session will include a workout and a skull session in the classroom

Not sure why we would not attend...

I'm happy with either one... Or we could even trade down and let someone else pick a QB.... Lots of teams want one... We do not really need one in the 1st. IMO

wheee

in a way, i wouldnt be upset with MWilliams but am very torn

i know i have read that they almost cant move up to #1 unless they give their top 3 picks, not likely so Bush is out

its also very hard to move up to #2

these are based on those draft value charts so very speculative but chances are, neither is going to happen

agreed though, QB or RB is not priority 1st or 2nd round

i would love to see a solid LT somewheres in the first 3 picks, our OL was bad last year and needs to get fixed up pronto

a RB that i would love to see them grab, and possibly could come cheap as well is Ken Darby

i was always impressed with this guy and while he isnt a stud, he reminds me a lot of Jordan in the running style

any thoughts on that?

From Insider:

Jets standing pat?

<Apr. 21> Despite talk about the Jets possibly trying to move up from their current No. 4 slot in the first round, the team doesn't appear to have any such designs, no matter what transpires ahead of them, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

The team's new football operation, headed by general manager Mike Tannenbaum and coach Eric Mangini, has determined the price of doing business to move up even a slot or two is simply prohibitive. Plus the Jets feel that, no matter how the first three choices play out, they will get an excellent pick at No. 4.

Furthermore, don't bet on that choice being a quarterback, no matter which of the "Big Three" passers is still on the board. The Jets' brass has done an extensive study of quarterbacks taken in the top five and found the failure rate to be fairly alarming. Some player like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, Vernon Davis or A.J. Hawk is going to fall into New York's lap.

JETS and RAIDERS are talking about possibly swapping 1st RD pics:

One rumor yesterday: The Jets (No. 4) swap first-round picks with the Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback, and select Oregon NT Haloti NGata with the seventh pick. Such a move would raise questions about the future of DT Dewayne Roberston, who may not fit in a 3-4.

-- New York Daily News

They'd be advised to sit tight at grab Mario Williams or D'Brick Ferguson. If they get Williams, Eric Winston or Nick Mangold may be a good ideas later on.

I've never heard so many rumors or read such varying opinions on a Jets draft before. I just hope they can find a way to get M.Williams without giving anything up

According to rumor...

The Jets want everyone in the draft (Bush, Leinart, Williams, Ferguson, Davis, Hawk, Cutler) and are willing to trade up OR trade down to get them.

I think the picture is clear.

:banana:

More rumors:

According to a source, the Jets are far more interested in USC quarterback Matt Leinart than they are leading people to believe. They have attempted to play it cool recently, but the organization came to a near-consensus that Leinart is the top quarterback prospect after working out all three of the top prospects (Texas' Vince Young and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler) during a six-day span over a week ago.

The Jets' trip to Eugene, Ore., to privately visit with QB Kellen Clemens was not a smoke screen, but it did help to draw attention away from their interest in Leinart. If Leinart comes off the board in the first three picks, the Jets likely will take Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4 and then address the need for a young quarterback with Clemens in the second round (pick No. 35).

The Jets own seven of the first 117 overall picks in this draft, and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum and new head coach Mike Mangini subscribe to the Parcells/Belichick "more is better" theory -- particularly with a draft class so deep in talent. With that in mind, do not expect the Jets to part ways with picks in order to move ahead of the Titans, who are rumored to be undecided about whether to pick Leinart or Young at No. 3. However, the Jets apparently will pull for Leinart to slip to them at No. 4.

Although the Jets are hoping for the best with starting QB Chad Pennington, there is a strong feeling around team offices that Pennington will not be ready for the start of next season and can't be trusted to hold up for the entire season. Patrick Ramsey is a decent backup, but the team realizes his limitations. That's why, despite contrary reports, we've been told that the Jets will gladly select Leinart over Ferguson if faced with that decision at pick No. 4.

The Jets' interest in Jay Cutler remains high, so much so that they're in discussions with the Ravens to try to obtain him with the 13th pick overall, according to a person who has been in contact with several NFL teams and has first-hand knowledge of strategy in the top portion of the NFL Draft.

-- Newark Star-Ledger

The Jets have no plans to draft Matt Leinart, Vince Young or Jay Cutler. Barring some veteran smoke-screen work by Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini, it appears almost certain the Jets will not take a quarterback that high. It's widely believed they will draft a QB from the so-called second tier of available bodies, with hopes of finding a gem out of the first round.

-- New York Post

Don't be surprised if the Jets take Alabama's Brodie Croyle, Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst or Oregon's Kellen Clemens in one of the later rounds of Saturday's NFL Draft.

-- New York Post