Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Runyan re-signs

Eagles | Runyan reaches multi-year deal to return

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:56:40 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have reached a multi-year deal to retain OT Jon Runyan. Terms of the deal are not currently available.

KFFL.com

Eagles | Runyan reaches multi-year deal to return

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:56:40 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have reached a multi-year deal to retain OT Jon Runyan. Terms of the deal are not currently available.

KFFL.com

If true guess this puts JETS back into Brick sweepstakes

If true guess this puts JETS back into Brick sweepstakes

Exactly. I kept reading how the Jets had made him a much better offer, but Ferguson seems like a lock to head to the Jets now.

I stated from the start of the offseason that I thought Houston would trade down and take Ferguson. Anyone think the Jets might swap with the Texans, take Bush, and then the Texans take Ferguson 3rd?

:mad: Runyan's awesome. :mad:

whats that thing again about the eagles never resign players over 30? i forgot

Eagles | Runyan took less money to stay

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:01:25 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports OT Jon Runyan accepted the Philadelphia Eagles three-year, $12.5 million contract to re-sign with the Eagles. The New York Jets were actually willing to pay Runyan double the money in the first year of the contract and millions more over the life of it. Runyan couldn't leave the Philadelphia market in which he felt so comfortable. The Jets tried very hard to get Runyan to sign, but in the end they could not get the deal closed.

They signed him because they got him for well under market value.

Runyan commented on 610 that he didn't want to move his family again and wanted to stay in teh Philly area. (prior to even talking to NYJ)

Exactly. I kept reading how the Jets had made him a much better offer, but Ferguson seems like a lock to head to the Jets now.

I stated from the start of the offseason that I thought Houston would trade down and take Ferguson. Anyone think the Jets might swap with the Texans, take Bush, and then the Texans take Ferguson 3rd?

I have heard if the Jets trade up, it will be with the Saints to get to the no.2 spot to take Matt Leinart right in front of Tennessee. The Jets seem to be difficult to figure out who they'll take if they remain at 4. They could go QB and take one of the big 3, tackle since Fabini was cut and then they would take Ferguson, and I could even see the Jets taking Mario Williams to replace John Abraham who was traded to the Falcons.

Where have all the Iggle fans gone? This place used to be infested ...

I'm still here. :mad: