Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

This is awsome

OK - I have a client that needed a website up ASAP. So, I started from scratch yesterday - meaning I had nothing - at all. Had to design the entire thing ground up.

And I have the prelim website done now - just finished. I still have to do some tweaking here and there and have to do the following:

-Search engine optimization

-Form submission page under contact

-Add other pictures of company once I get some

And like I said, some tweaking here and there. But to finish an entire website in a day and a half is amazing, even for me!!!!!! I am officially the shiot :unsure: :cheers:

Yea!!!! I can have a good night now!

BTW - here is the address:Thundering Oak Enterprises

And if you don't like it - fock off, seriously!!!

Looks good, sa! :unsure:

Ummm... I know this sounds pretty harsh, but I wouldnt post the website here. You risk having it hacked. It's great that you did it (and it's looks professional), but I would just say the details without including the website name/link...

Fast work! I'm still working on my company website a month after I started it!

Speaking of which, ANSWER YOUR EMAIL! :unsure:

Fast work! I'm still working on my company website a month after I started it!

Speaking of which, ANSWER YOUR EMAIL! :mad:

Sorry, haven't had a chance to yet. Been busy - obviously. I'll go check in a sec

Looks good, sa! :unsure:

Thanks CN! And thank you SO MUCH for catching that error I made! Props to you!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry, haven't had a chance to yet. Been busy - obviously. I'll go check in a sec

Thanks CN! And thank you SO MUCH for catching that error I made! Props to you!!! :unsure: :cheers:

NP! Anytime you need a second set of eyes... :cheers:

I dont like the yellow and green and green on yellow background, hurts my eyes...I dont even know what the website/company is offering because it freaked my eyes out so bad that I had to hit the X

Ummm... I know this sounds pretty harsh, but I wouldnt post the website here. You risk having it hacked. It's great that you did it (and it's looks professional), but I would just say the details without including the website name/link...

There's hackers on this site?????? :unsure:

Let me know if they need PR services. I promise not to fock up their release. :unsure:

I dont like the yellow and green and green on yellow background, hurts my eyes...I dont even know what the website/company is offering because it freaked my eyes out so bad that I had to hit the X

I think the green is meant for an environmental tone, as it is a website to do with trees and all. I think it's sharp, but yeah maybe enlarge the yellow font. :unsure:

That is awesome, great job! One constructive criticism, honestly: I find the yellow text hard to read on the green background. Maybe white text?

A tad bit bigger font? I think the yellow is fine if it's not bolded and it's a bit bigger than your edit.

Let me know if they need PR services. I promise not to fock up their release. :D

Will do - although I don't foresee it anytime soon as they are a pretty small company right now.

That is awesome, great job! One constructive criticism, honestly: I find the yellow text hard to read on the green background. Maybe white text?

As much as it pains me to do this, I have to agree with him. It looks like that text is bolded. Perhaps turning that off will fix the problem?

I think the green is meant for an environmental tone, as it is a website to do with trees and all. I think it's sharp, but yeah maybe enlarge the yellow font. :D

I actually just enlarged the yellow font on the front page. Went back and took another look at it and agreed. Now see if you can read it better.

As much as it pains me to do this, I have to agree with him. It looks like that text is bolded. Perhaps turning that off will fix the problem?

Yep- kill the bold and make the font a bit bigger. I think white would be more shocking.

ETA: I saw it saw, a tad bit bigger.

Will do - although I don't foresee it anytime soon as they are a pretty small company right now.

...and they'll stay that way without a proper marketing plan :D

For all of the yellow font comments - I agreed and changed the font. Take another look and let me know if it looks better please????

Thanks

For all of the yellow font comments - I agreed and changed the font. Take another look and let me know if it looks better please????

MUCH better :D

Oh and if they want some pics of birdies in the background somewhere, my boys are beauties- especially my rosella. :D

I actually just enlarged the yellow font on the front page. Went back and took another look at it and agreed. Now see if you can read it better.

Better, but I still don't like the color combo. Also, it seems that each of the 8 steps has a major intro phrase/clause which should be highlighted.

I know you didn't really want these critiques, but...

There's a border around the piece of "paper" with the company name, in the upper right of the site. I'm guessing you probably didn't mean for it to be there. It breaks up the paper.

Sorry ... sorry ... sorry :D

There's a border around the piece of "paper" with the company name, in the upper right of the site. I'm guessing you probably didn't mean for it to be there. It breaks up the paper.

Good eye. I think it would look better without it.

Oh and if they want some pics of birdies in the background somewhere, my boys are beauties- especially my rosella. :wub:

:D I'll keep that in mind

Oh and if they want some pics of birdies in the background somewhere, my boys are beauties- especially my rosella. :D

It's spelled "rosacea"

Don't be sorry, I need some others to take a look at that a bit later. Small cosmetic right now, but I do agree.

Just saw you switched the text on the right to white. Jerryskids was dead wrong ... yellow is better.

OK - changed the yellow font to white.

So I need feedback, white or yellow????

yellow unbolded. my eyes hurt with white.

Rosella, as in a golden mantled rosella which is what my beauty is...

Rosacea is red, and I don't know what the heck this has to do with a tree company.

"Rosacea (pronounced roh-ZAY-sha) is a common but little-known disorder of the facial skin that affects an estimated 14 million Americans -- and most of them don't know it. In fact, while rosacea is becoming increasingly widespread as the populous baby boom generation enters the most susceptible ages, a Gallup survey found that 78 percent of Americans have no knowledge of this condition, including how to recognize it and what to do about it."

:D

OK - changed the yellow font to white.

So I need feedback, white or yellow????

I personally like the white better. I would also highlight the leading sentences somehow.

Rosacea is red, and I don't know what the heck this has to do with a tree company.

"Rosacea (pronounced roh-ZAY-sha) is a common but little-known disorder of the facial skin that affects an estimated 14 million Americans -- and most of them don't know it. In fact, while rosacea is becoming increasingly widespread as the populous baby boom generation enters the most susceptible ages, a Gallup survey found that 78 percent of Americans have no knowledge of this condition, including how to recognize it and what to do about it."

:D

See my post above with a nice link to my baby. :wub:

See my post above with a nice link to my baby. :wub:

Did your bird give you rosacea? :D

Did your bird give you rosacea? :D

Admit it. He's a beauty worthy of being on someone's website as a model. :wub:

OK - went with a bit of a compromise here and changed the text back to yellow, but a different yellow. What do you all think?

Also JK - I will take a look at highlighting those areas later. I agree. Thanks man!!

Admit it. He's a beauty worthy of being on someone's website as a model. :D

You want your disease carrying bird to be on someone's website? Bleck.

Yeah, this yellow looks better.

Yeah, this yellow looks better.

Thank you! And I do appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Especially having less than 2 days to do this focking thing.

But I feel like i accomplished a boat load today. That and the camera and other things!!!

Ain't nothing going going to stop me now!! BRING IT!!! :D :wub:

OK - went with a bit of a compromise here and changed the text back to yellow, but a different yellow. What do you all think?

Also JK - I will take a look at highlighting those areas later. I agree. Thanks man!!

Sorry, I just don't like the yellow text on green. Painful on the eyes IMO. Also, in the first sentence I would add a comma before and period after the "Inc".

Also you have mail from yesterday btw. <_<