Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

San Francisco --> 6th overall pick

I think New Orleans throws a wrench in things, and takes a QB in spite of having Brees. Then the titans take their QB, the Jets take Mario, leaving the Pack with an open board. They take Hawk, after listening to a lot of offers, leaving the 49'ers with a choice of D'Brick and Vernon Davis. That's a no brainer.

1:06 SF takes D'Brickishaw Ferguson.

J

The 49ers have lots of holes and there are lots of good players that will still be available at #6.

There is no reason to throw a fit if they choose one over the other.

Personally, I think their number one concern in this draft should be to add weapons and protection around their young quarterback. Michael Huff would be a nice addition for the defense, but they have a lot of money invested in Alex Smith. They need to surround him with options now, or 3-4 years down the line, they still won't know what kind of player they have under center.

The top receiving option available at #6 will be Vernon Davis. If he turns out to be as good as people are saying, the Niners could eventually turn it into a Brees-Gates, Green-Gonzo type combination.

Since Brickashaw will likely be gone, the next best line option is Winston Justice, who would be quite a reach at the sixth pick. And since SF spent money last year to sign Jonas Jennings at OT, he likely would end up playing out of position.

solid post...

Check the video - Davis is a monster.

http://www.15sports.com/vernon-davis-video...avis-nfl-draft/

With the 49ers grabbing the 22 overall pick in a trade - I think it is now a NO BRAINER to take Vernon Davis at #6, then addresss the secondary with the 22nd pick,

Mike Nolan ( and the 49er brass) deserves a :doublethumbsup: