Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Anti-Barking Dog Collars...

So there's the shock ones, citrinella, and the untra sonic ones.

I'm leaning towards the ultrasonic as they're the cheapest and seem to be the most humane for my jack russell terriers.

The two oldest don't really bark... every once in awhile maybe, but the youngest female.... FRICKIN AYE.. that little yapper is starting to really piss me off. I need to control this pronto.

What you guys think?

Sonic Anti-Bark Collar - Nice and cheap

CITRONELLA ANTI-BARK COLLAR

Shock that Ass

That citronella idea looks like the ticket. I think that it would encourage the little yapper to cool it and not get a fresh blast of bad smell.

I have some direct experience with the Gauardian. I put one on a Golden retriever we had. The first time it barked the thing went off and the dog freaked out. She started rolling around and kept yelping which made the thing continue to shock her. I had to run out in the yard and rip the thing off of her while she convulsed madly.

When I said I had direct experience, I meant it. I put the thing on and barked to find out how bad it was. It stung a little, but that is from a human (well kinda human) perspective. I know what is going to happen and when and also maintain control. A dog doesn't have the reason and doesn't understand what is happening to them.

We have a remote control collar for our dog now, but don't use it much. My wife used it to keep him from going upstairs and it works. The only problem is that he understands that when he has the collar on he is being monitored and watched. It kind of ruins his day and he sulks around.