Sign in to follow this  
PackerAaron

I Can Not Stress This Enough

Congratulations. You managed to post something even less meaningless than the Seahawks trading for a backup DB.

:lol:

:huh: seriously, what do u want us to say to your post?

Actually, I just realized my double negative...

Saying it is less meaningless would mean that it is in fact more meaningful.

The fact is though, that it is more meaningless.

Sorry - back to your worthess topic...

Brother, can you feel the excitement building? We have Pickett to improve the D-line, Ben Taylor to improve linebackers, Marquand Manuel and Charles Woodson in the secondary. Brett Favre is coming back and we have one heck of a draft to look forward to! Javon Walker will be traded and we will have several new starters and playmakers on this team. :banana: Lets get that o-line patched up and run back into the playoffs.

Brother, can you feel the excitement building? We have Pickett to improve the D-line, Ben Taylor to improve linebackers, Marquand Manuel and Charles Woodson in the secondary. Brett Favre is coming back and we have one heck of a draft to look forward to! Javon Walker will be traded and we will have several new starters and playmakers on this team. :cheers: Lets get that o-line patched up and run back into the playoffs.

:thumbsup:

Nothing. Just getting it off my chest.

Would you prefer your boyfriend aim for your face instead of your chest next time. :first:

Brother, can you feel the excitement building? We have Pickett to improve the D-line, Ben Taylor to improve linebackers, Marquand Manuel and Charles Woodson in the secondary. Brett Favre is coming back and we have one heck of a draft to look forward to! Javon Walker will be traded and we will have several new starters and playmakers on this team. :banana: Lets get that o-line patched up and run back into the playoffs.

Playoffs? Playoffs? We can't even win a damn game and you're talking about playoffs!?!?

:lol:

yeah I'm getting pretty tired of looking at player profiles and just want the draft to begin as well. I've been looking forward to this ever since the college and NFL season ended.

Its actually kinda sad...

:wall:

Guest Mr.T

Is anybody actually gonna sit around their tv and watch the thing unfold? :wall:

There is a reason these people are called "fudgepackers" :banana:

Sweetness, Im dissapointed. Is that seriously all you got? Fudgepackers? Come on.

:thumbsup:

Right on - your team added an overrated injury pone poor covering DB and paid him twice what he was worth....let's go light the world on fire. :banana:

Right on - your team added an overrated injury pone poor covering DB and paid him twice what he was worth....let's go light the world on fire. :lol:

Yep, that whopping $0 signing bonus is an albatros we'll never recover from.

:sleep:

10 million guarenteed.

:banana:

Scooter - remember a post a couple weeks ago about how the Packers were going to hit the league minimum in spending and what the punishment would be? Well you pay an overrated, injury prone, poor covering db EXTRA to join the team!

See problem solved :banana:

Is anybody actually gonna sit around their tv and watch the thing unfold? :banana:

I will, Saturday night on my DVR.

Oh, and that's some serious homerism. If you think that getting rid of your top WR, and acquiring mediocre starters is going to take you to the playoffs, you're crazy. I mean, I guess they could win their sorry division, but GB won't seriously be very good. Nowhere near the top 5 in the NFC.

10 million guarenteed.

:thumbsdown:

So what? How far under the cap are they?

I love it.

Look at all the wasted cap space!

then

They are wasting thier money by using thier cap space!

Woodson is a risk, as is every FA signing. They key is that the 10 mil in question has ZERO ramifications past this season, so if that risk comes up bust, it doesn't hurt the future. If he plays to his capability, its a worthy investment. The same can't be said for some of the silly deals made in places like Cleveland or Buffalo this offseason.

Scooter - remember a post a couple weeks ago about how the Packers were going to hit the league minimum in spending and what the punishment would be? Well you pay an overrated, injury prone, poor covering db EXTRA to join the team!

See problem solved :banana:

Ahhhh, how silly of me. That explains everything.

:wall:

"can not" is actually one word...cannot.

Actually, either way is acceptable usage.

So what? How far under the cap are they?

I love it.

Look at all the wasted cap space!

then

They are wasting thier money by using thier cap space!

I never mentioned either of those things in any post. If you can quote me doing so, have at it - otherwise it's a really, really weak debate tactic to attribute things I never said to me, then argue against them. Obviously you'll be a winner every time when you argue with your own straw men...just a tip.

Woodson is a risk, as is every FA signing. They key is that the 10 mil in question has ZERO ramifications past this season, so if that risk comes up bust, it doesn't hurt the future. If he plays to his capability, its a worthy investment. The same can't be said for some of the silly deals made in places like Cleveland or Buffalo this offseason.

Except some FA signings are far riskier than others. ;)

Over paying for a guy who's played 10 games a year for 4 years, with +/- 45 tackles, .875 sacks & 1.5 Ints would seem to be above and beyond what one would consider an average amount of risk - at some point, a GM needs to use his brain and pay a player what he's worth, not what his "upside" or "potential" might be worth.

After 8 years, I think we know what Woodson is, and thus any discussion of "upside" or "high risk/high reward" should be curtailed in favor of logic and rational belief that his upside is in fact what he's given over the last 4 seasons. Then throw in the legal off-field issues with DUIs and drunk in public, and the bashing of coaching in the press, and all of a sudden 10 million sounds like a huge amount of money to pay an overrated injury prone safety.

One man's opinion...sorry if it clouds your rose colored glasses.

I never mentioned either of those things in any post. If you can quote me doing so, have at it - otherwise it's a really, really weak debate tactic to attribute things I never said to me, then argue against them. Obviously you'll be a winner every time when you argue with your own straw men...just a tip.

You are 100% correct here. I was reacting to many other posters and people I talk to here in the office. Sorry about that.