Sign in to follow this  
DixieDevils

Cowboys trade?

I've heard a few times that Dallas might trade out of the No. 18 spot and move down, depending on who is available there. Sounds like it might be more of a move anyway just on the need for more picks.

But with whom would they trade with? The one team I keep thinking the trade could be with would be with Indianapolis at No. 30. Why? The Colts need a RB and it's possible that Maroney, Willams and Lendale White all could be gone by the time the Colts pick. I haven't heard of this anywhere or if it's possible for the move to happen.

But Dallas could move back, pick up a 2nd- or 3rd-round pick and possibly another pick in '07 for the Colts to secure their replacement for Edge.

Any thoughts? Again, remember this is pure speculation.

I've heard a few times that Dallas might trade out of the No. 18 spot and move down, depending on who is available there. Sounds like it might be more of a move anyway just on the need for more picks.

As a Cowboys homer, I would not mind them trading down for more draft picks. At pick #18, I don't see any players lasting long enough that the cowboys could really pick to improve a position that they could'nt improve picking in the mid 20's-30's.

JJ is saying everything is possible. There is a player they would be willing to MOVE UP for, if he falls to a reasonable point. I'm thinking Ngata, but I'm guessing. Gosselin thinks it's Justice. In both cases they have to leapfrog Cleveland and/or Baltimore. He's saying they'd be willing to move down, and they covet a 4th rounder (they gave to Philly in last year's deal to secure Canty). Likewise, they've done a decent job filling needs in FA and would be happy to sit at 18 and go BPA straight from their value board. He agreed with something to the effect of we don't need to add juice to the offense, so if a team is hot for a top WR or RB, you're right, Dallas sits in a nice spot to drop and get that 4th rounder (maybe a li'l some'm to go with it).

I can't see Dallas moving up specifically because they don't have that 4th-round pick. But I can see it moving down if somebody craves a skill position guy, like one of those RBs.

I can't see Dallas moving up specifically because they don't have that 4th-round pick. But I can see it moving down if somebody craves a skill position guy, like one of those RBs.

I understand that, but I am quoting JJ. There is apparenlty someone they think is worth it.

Maybe if Reggie Bush fell to the 10 spot, they'd tried to move up and nab him? :banana:

I understand that, but I am quoting JJ. There is apparenlty someone they think is worth it.

Maybe if Reggie Bush fell to the 10 spot, they'd tried to move up and nab him? :banana:

Jerry would wet himself if that happened.

There is a player they would be willing to MOVE UP for, if he falls to a reasonable point. I'm thinking Ngata, but I'm guessing. Gosselin thinks it's Justice. In both cases they have to leapfrog Cleveland and/or Baltimore.

I'll add another to that list - Michael Huff to play FS.

There was some talk that Dallas had some interest in moving up to take Huff, who they really like. But all signs are pointing towards Manny Lawson right now @ 18. If he is not there, then I could see them moving down. Indy would be an ideal trading partner at that point, seeing how they have interest in a RB (reportedly).