Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

blackberrys?

So, my old boss has offered to buy me a new phone where I can access my email from while on the road. I currently have T-mobile as my wireless so I would kind of like to stay with them.

What should I look for when looking into options? Any suggestions?

Size matters. Seriously, I have an older Blackberry and it is like carrying around a brick.

The newer Blackberrys seem to be much smaller

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/Detail...3f-8d6c6ea6baf9

Some of the new Pocket PCs from Sprint and Cingular are sweet. They look like a Palm but flip up and have a keyboard like the Sidekick

Why would your old boss by you a phone? :rolleyes:

I just got a Blackberry and I like it. It is large and bulky, but I like the fact that I have everything on it.

The new Blackberry is even bigger.

Why would your old boss by you a phone? :lol:

Uhm, cuz we were looking at them yesterday cuz we saw one a client had that we really liked. I told him the one I liked and he said he would buy me one too. Said it was because he knew it would make me happy. :rolleyes: But hey, who am I to say no?? :wub:

Size matters. Seriously, I have an older Blackberry and it is like carrying around a brick.

The newer Blackberrys seem to be much smaller

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/Detail...3f-8d6c6ea6baf9

Some of the new Pocket PCs from Sprint and Cingular are sweet. They look like a Palm but flip up and have a keyboard like the Sidekick

Yeah, that's the kind I like, the kind that flip up. That's what I am going to be on the hunt for.

Uhm, cuz we were looking at them yesterday cuz we saw one a client had that we really liked. I told him the one I liked and he said he would buy me one too. Said it was because he knew it would make me happy. :thumbsup: But hey, who am I to say no?? :(

I dunno, a person who would not want to feel indebted to your old boss, given the history? :(

I dunno, a person who would not want to feel indebted to your old boss, given the history? :thumbsup:

No, that wouldn't happen. This I know. Thanks for the concern though.

Well then, I love my blackberry. :thumbsup:

Which one do you have?

Verizon, 6250 I think?

I have one. I know we've been through this on here recently, do a search.

Anyways, I have This one (also with T-mobile). I like that it syncs up with my outlook (contacts and calendar), I like that I have email and internet access whenever I have cell service.

The only two downsides are:

1. The size, although it really doesn't bother me, it easily fits inside my pocket (you'll want to lock it), except that the screen scratches easily. I (most of the time) keep the holster on the inside of my pocket, you could fit it in a purse with no problem.

2. The speaker on mine is really sensitive; people can't hear me if there's ANY background noise (wind, cars, talking, etc.). You can get an inexpensive bluetooth headset to remedy that problem though.

I have a DingleBerry. I hate it. Stoopid thing stinks! :pointstosky: It's always crapping out on me.