Sign in to follow this  
dj88

Virus warning!

My anti-virus kicks in when I visit this site using microsoft IE. It's possible this site was hacked again and someone has inserted a virus.

Anyone else have their anti-virus go off?

yeah, yesterday moring at work on IE. samething happened to me. i hope they fixed it. i can't believe the low lifes they try to ruin the best ff site on the net..........fockers need to die!!!!!!!

It looks like it targets IE. Firefox works fine for me too. I think it attacks using Java. My machine needs to be cleaned now.

Looks like Mike will need to shut this place down to clean that virus. I hope he can get it back up quicker than the last time things were down.

I spent yesterday upgrading the board to the newest version. I am on IE myself and not having any issues (or I wouldn't have put it back up). What exactly are you guys seeing? I'll check some more but I really am not seeing the same thing happening today as what happened yesterday before I upgraded.

I spent yesterday upgrading the board to the newest version. I am on IE myself and not having any issues (or I wouldn't have put it back up). What exactly are you guys seeing? I'll check some more but I really am not seeing the same thing happening today as what happened yesterday before I upgraded.

Mike, was there a virus yesterday morning? When I visited the site it looked like things were trying to load/download.

If there was a virus, could you please list the name of it so I can make sure I am good.

This is what someone posted on another board about this latest board hack:

Virus Profile: Exploit-WMF

Risk Assessment

- Home Users: Low

- Corporate Users: Low

Date Discovered: 12/27/2005

Date Added: 12/27/2005

Origin: Unknown

Length: Varies

Type: Trojan

SubType: Exploit

DAT Required: 4661

Virus Characteristics

-- January 5, 2006 --

Microsoft has released a patch for the vulnerability attacked by Exploit-WMF, see: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS06-001.mspx

-- January 3, 2006 --

Exploit-WMF detection was enhanced in today's DAT release, version 4666, to proactively protect against exploits that may use slightly different WMF properties. As always, McAfee AVERT urges customers to update to the latest DAT files.

To date, McAfee is aware of over 120,000 McAfee VirusScan Online customers who have reported detecting Exploit-WMF files attempting to execute on their systems.

A kit program was recently discovered, which is believed to be responsiable for the first wave of Exploit-WMF files. It's known as the WMFMaker trojan.

Yup I had had something scroll across my screen I've never seen before. Had to turn off computer and reboot three different times today saturday. Blame the moose! Computer nerd that's been kicked off this site for all the problems is to blame.

yea i couldnt get in the forums all yesterday, and everytime i came to it, norton anti virus popped up and said it blocked an intrusion.

Yup I had had something scroll across my screen I've never seen before. Had to turn off computer and reboot three different times today saturday. Blame the moose! Computer nerd that's been kicked off this site for all the problems is to blame.

I wouldn't blame the moose just yet, you should maybe find out what your talking about before you acuse people. There are some other good threads on this topic going, without unfounded accusations, the real problem lies on the fact that someone was able to gain access to supposedly secure servers and set viruses up that have been in the wild for at least 6 months. First off the server/hosting company is to blame for leaving the hole and anyone who hasn't downloaded the patch (free of course) from microsoft and is not running antivirus protection are really responsible for themselves.

If I leave a loaded gun laying around and you come by and shoot yourself, it's your own darn fault not mine!

Bottom line, keep everything up to date and your safe!

What's the reason for posting a virus warning?

if people logged into the board and can read your thread, obviously they were already attacked, if they were going to be. :banana: