Sign in to follow this  
Guest fantasyfreak64

Marc Bulger

Guest fantasyfreak64

Hello

So...when do you think M.Bulger will be drafted in a 12 team, serpentine draft. I'm considering him for my team...New Rams coach scott linehan calls his "one of the elite players in the league" and has a passing attack in mind for this upcoming season. I've been playing FF for 5 years, and he has been good, but a little incosistant in the years he's started. I think he'll go around 3-5 ? what do ya'll think ?

Secondly, which method do you prefere/

1) Draft 2 RB's in first 2 rounds

2) Draft 1 RB, 1 QB in first 2 rounds

3) 1 RB, 1 WR in first 2 rounds

i got all these magazines and they say all different stuff. I've been playing a while....but this year's lack of consistency is ugly. anyone help? :(

well first of all, bulger is a great QB on a solid, efficient offense. but his injury problems always concern me. Rounds 3-5 for Bulger? :(. i dont see it in the drafts im in.

its hard to say what method i prefer to use when it all depends on whats on the table. i dont like to use the RB/QB draft method. but i prefer RB/RB draft method, but sometimes RB/WR. say all the elite RBs get chosen in the 1st and early 2nd round, and u have a mid 2nd round pick. theres a big drop off, so u can grab an elite WR in the mid 2nd, and on the way back, u can grab a solid #2 back in the 3rd. it all depends on how the drafting goes.

i love bulger, i'd love to get him late 5th early 6th but he'll probably be gone early 5th

agree with the dubz, I'd take him late 5th or if you can get him in the 6th even better, rd 3 or 4 is too early for a QB IMO.... :cheers:

Last Name	First Name	G	FPG	Crank	Sub Par	Elite	#1 QB
Palmer	Carson	16	20.62	68.05	12.50%	56.25%	87.50%
Bulger	Marc	8	21.72	65.16	0.00%	50.00%	75.00%
McNabb	Donovan	9	22.32	64.25	11.11%	55.56%	66.67%
Brady	Tom	16	20.28	59.43	6.25%	43.75%	75.00%
Manning	Peyton	16	18.99	55.41	18.75%	56.25%	68.75%
Warner	Kurt	10	18.25	48.86	20.00%	50.00%	60.00%

Inconsistent? Only due to injury. Otherwise, Bulger is one of the most consistently high scoring QBs in fantasy footbabll. This was 2005's totals, but even the last few years weren't much different. When he plays, he's been one of the best you can get.

I think Linehan's offense will protect him more often because Martz's offense his more high risk on the QB--longer drops, more intermediate/long passes, etc. The tradeoff may be productivity that goes to Stephen Jackson in the run game out of 2-TE sets.

He's still worth taking in the mid-rounds and backing him up with someone promising/steady in case his health falters.

Great post Wildman. I particularly like the comment that due to injury history, drafting Bulger begs for back to back QB picks. If he is around in the 6th, I will draft him, then follow up in the 7th or 8th or 9th RD with another QB. At that point, you should have 2 RB's, 2 WR's and either a 3rd WR, 3rd RB or a TE.

I keep track of all owner's draft's per position. It let's me know what they are going for the next RD or 2. When you get to the middle RD's, it's all about needs. It allows me to draft an injury plagued Bulger and go 2-3 RD's before drafting my BU QB.