Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

Sleeper TE

Joe Klopenstein.

Rams have no TE's with any experience when they traded Manu to the Chargers. They also have been lacking that solid pass catching TE for some time now, and more importantly a big target in the red zone. How about some Joe Klop... check out his physical attributes:

6'5" 256 lbs.

4.53 - 40

403 lb bench, 504 lb squat

38 inch vertical leap.

If that isn't a red zone target, nothing is.

Didn't they draft another TE this year as well? From what I understand, it's not yet certain which of them will even start.

And we all know that a player's stats don't necessarily translate into a good NFL player.

Didn't they draft another TE this year as well? From what I understand, it's not yet certain which of them will even start.

And we all know that a player's stats don't necessarily translate into a good NFL player.

;)

Yeah, they drafted Dominique Byrd from USC in the 3rd round. He's had some injuries in the past, but he is a good TE also. I think we may see a lot more 2 TE sets from the Rams this year. It's hard to say which of these two rookies will emerge.

I hear ya... I hope both of them pan out as a Rams fan. But I think Byrd's success was more a result of defenses paying attention to the multitude of Trojan weapons... where as Klop is more suited for the job. Yes you will see two TE sets from the Rams, and yes it is all uncertain... But so are all sleepers :ninja: Also if you take a look at their college careers, Klop's TD numbers were significantly better.. basically re-iterating what I am saying about his size:

Klop: 44 games, 86 passes, 1076 yards, 13 TD's

Byrd: 39 games, 81 passes, 968 yards, 4 TD's

I guess I am saying with those physical attributes, it is a situation worth keeping an eye on.

Rams rarely use their TEs

for anything other than blocking.

It will be interesting to see if

Klop / Byrd will bring an added dimension

to the offensive passing attack.

Rams rarely use their TEs

for anything other than blocking.

It will be interesting to see if

Klop / Byrd will bring an added dimension

to the offensive passing attack.

Don't know if you heard, but the Rams have a new head coach and offensive coordinator.