Sign in to follow this  
Thurman51

Rudi ready to roll in '06

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5316

Rudi Johnson played much of last season injured but still put up pretty solid numbers. The guy is an absolute work horse with a solid line in front of him. He says he feels like he has regained his speed that allowed him to break some long runs prior to last year. His new diet, revamped training and off season knee surgery may help to put him in Hawaii at season's end. It doesn't hurt that he has a great line in font of him either. I think he is due for his best season yet.

Given all the question marks with RB's around the league, I have to put Rudi in the top 5 for '06.

i expect solid numbers from him this year. he loses value in a PPR league though because he doesnt catch many balls at all out of the backfield.

Agree in that he will probably have a strong(er) year, however, I can't put him in my top 5 because of the fact he doesn't catch balls out of the backfield (PPR league or not). However, if I could land him near the end of Rnd1 or early Rnd2, I'd take that...

What about his backup who vultured so many 3rd down opportunities? Is he gonna be healthy?

What about his backup who vultured so many 3rd down opportunities? Is he gonna be healthy?

I wouldn't count on it, and even if he is, it won't cut into the load Rudi carries anyway.

Unknown at this point. Even with Chris Perry healthy Rudi will likely see more carries than last year given his physical status moving forward.

as long as you don't let the Chris Perry garbage worry you, he's a stud! I had rudi last year and started him every game. However, every week people had him losing carries and starting jobs to C.Perry. It was annoying to read.