Sign in to follow this  
bdaddy407

THE O-LINE!

being that the offensive line play such a big role for all stars like payton and Alexander.....

Rank you top 10 offensive lines for this season! :huh:

1) Denver: Great system & their scouts find the perfect talent to match. Luckily for them, a "perfect match" in Denver isn't normally that coveted by other teams... so they can afford depth. A great example was in their getting Eslinger at 198th over-all in the last draft. He could start for the Broncos tommorrow... but he won't because he doesn't have too. Depth puts this team over the top as my over-all #1 O line.

2) Cincinatti: Anchored by Pro Bowler Willie Anderson, this line is second best in 2006. They will continue to dominate this season... However, the line should fall apart in 07 due to cap issues.

3) Kansas City: Will Shields & Willie Roaf will try to squeeze one last pro-bowl season out. Two O lineman, 24 pro bowl invitations... unbelievable. This is one of the most talented O lines ever, but age & lack of equal depth drops them to 3 over-all in my estimation.

4) Pittsburgh: Very solid line. Marvin Phillip will excel in this system for years.

5) Washington: This should have been a dominate line last season. When RandyThomas went down, it seemed the whole line caved. Joe Bugel won't allow that this season. They have a terrific starting five & I believe we'll see considerable improvement from the young back-ups.

6) Chicago: Harry Hiestand will be in his second year after turning this line around last season. In '04 Chicago allowed SIXTY SIX sacks! Last year (Harry's 1st year) Chicago established a dominate run blocking scheme and only allowed 31 sacks... and that was with a hodgepodge of craptastic QB's.

7) Seattle: Losing Hutchinson hurts, but this line still has all pro Walter Jones and and eight other linemen that would be starters on almost any other NFL team. They recently aquired Tom Ashworth who can play anywhere on the line. Great Depth.

8) Atlanta: Alex Gibbs' influence on this O line was immediate and profound. The Falcons' new zone blocking scheme allowed them to lead the NFL in rushing for the first time in team history with a franchise-record 2,672 yards. They are now Denver-lite and I expect to see continued improvement under Gibbs.

9) Philly: Todd Herremans is a 6 ft 6 monster. There are a lot of big guys on this powerful line and they appear to have some talented young guys behind them. Winston Justice may push for playing time in his rookie season.

10) Minnesota Vikings: Hutchinson is the best LG in the game. Birk should be healed from last season's hip surgery. This should be a very good line... but we'll need to see cohesion... and, personally, I've never been that impressed w/ McKinnley. He's not bad but I never understood the hype.

ok I like Denver in the top 3. But you have to think that the Colts should be in here somewhere right?? I would say maybe drop the falcons or the Vikes. The dirty birds line gave up 39 sacks. The only reason they look good is because Vick is not afraid to run out of the pocket.

and the vikes, well I still think they are a soft line. Hutch beefed it up for sure, but will Matt Birk and McKinnie hold the rest of that line together? giving up 54 sacks in 1 season makes me drop them to maybe 17-20 on my list!!!

I Think The list ok...but in my opinion, who ever is running behind the KC league, is the best RB in League, so therefore, KC is always number one...

so my top 10 would look like this...(keep in mind I am stating this from a fantasy productiion standpoint, so which lines would ither pass protect best to allow less sacks, allow more TDs or gain most Rushing yrds, and Rushing TDS

1) KC

2) Carolina

3) Denver

4) Atlanta (same system as denver now, if Mora used vick on roll outs like shanny does plummer he'd be awsome)

5) Chicago

6) Pittsburgh

7) Seattle

8) Indy

9) Cinci

10) Miami