Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

Will LJ last the season

Will LJ get injured, and if so when?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will LJ get injured, and if so when?

• He will last the entire season
    • He will be hurt after 8 weeks
    • 10 weeks
    • 12 weeks
    • 14 weeks

Spawned from birdpoops thread and his concerns with LJ overall. I wanted to see a poll on the subject... and discuss the value and ADP of Dee Brown if Priest doesn't come back.

A KC startign Rb has not finished the season 3 out of the last 4 years. Quite simply when you run the ball that much there is a greater chance of an injury.

My question is, should Priest not come back.... what is the value of the back-up? Dee Brown seems to have the edge, and I am wondering where he fits in the picture. I personally have been burned by the KC back-up RB in each of the three yeasrs it happened, and want to be the guy who has whoever the back-up is. I don't care if Dee Brown hasn't proved anything... IMHO behind that line, the guy has big time value. So where do you take him and when.

If Priest comes back, where do you draft him?

Spawned from birdpoops thread and his concerns with LJ overall. I wanted to see a poll on the subject... and discuss the value and ADP of Dee Brown if Priest doesn't come back.

A KC startign Rb has not finished the season 3 out of the last 4 years. Quite simply when you run the ball that much there is a greater chance of an injury.

Each year it was Priest that was hurt. It's not like a different RB got hurt each year. LJ is younger and more durable than Priest.

This poll makes no sense to me. Are you going to follow up this poll with polls for LT, Alexander, Portis, Barber, Brown, Jordan, Jackson, Cadillac, etc., etc.?

:thumbsup:

This poll makes no sense to me. Are you going to follow up this poll with polls for LT, Alexander, Portis, Barber, Brown, Jordan, Jackson, Cadillac, etc., etc.?

:wacko:

As soon as they start being on teams that run the ball 500 times a year

As soon as they start being on teams that run the ball 500 times a year

2005 Rushing Attempts

1 Pittsburgh 549

2 Denver 542

3 Atlanta 531

4 Washington

5 Dallas 521

6 Kansas City 520

7 Seattle 519

8 Jacksonville 502

So we'll expect to see those polls for Alexander & Portis anytime now? If you wanna throw one in for FWP, JJones and Fragile Fred T, they will be appreciated.

Jiminey f-in christmas. Larry Johnson AVERAGED 29 carries a game when Priest went down. That, over a 16 game stretch totals 464 carries. For all of you to sit there and say that there isn't a concern about LJ not wearing down is beyond me. I don't think I am too far off base when I say that the heavy workload is an injury concern? I mean 464 would shatter the record (410 Jamal Anderson). So quit your crying about semantics... or I maybe I am the only one who is concerned that LJ may be in trouble :argue: ...me and Herm Edwards:

Chiefs | Edwards needs to figure out running back situation

Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:19:49 -0700

Jim Corbett, of the USA Today, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards faces the challenge of figuring out the team's running back situation for 2006. It's impossible for one running back, no matter how gifted, to hold up under the 500- to 550-carry load Edwards plans for a more run-heavy offense. It's not that RB Larry Johnson isn't tough enough to withstand a heavy load

from another board. I normally like fftoday better as I find the base more knowledgeable and hadn't found this topic discussed much here:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78750

For the record, yes I would be concerned about Portis, and as far as I know Jackson, LT, JJ, and Freddy all did get injured last year. The only difference is they aren't running behind such a great offensive line that have had back-up RB's show owners the promise land during fantasy crunchtime in the last few years.

I would put up a poll for Alexander because his line is that good too, but he seems to be the exception to the rule for RB's.