Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Those Lucky enough for the #1 overall! 12 team -ppr

chester taylor wouldve been my 2.12 as well, great pick.....as for 3.1, i was thinking either boldin or driver, both will have great seasons...

QB

RB LJ

RB chester taylor

WR boldin/driver

WR

WR

TE

K

DEF

thats about as good as you could draft w/ 1 overall..... i see the thought process behind the foster pick tho

Okay - I took Chester Taylor then Deshaun Foster

my next 4 picks I went with Wr's

Galloway, Tj, Stallworth, Bennett - - I also added Lloyd, Engram, and Williamson

for all of those that said Boldin, I did get Kurt Warner as the 12 qb taken off the board.

2 questionable 3rd RBs -- great job ! True they could end up being great value but you passed on a stud WR who IMO shoulda been a no brainer in Boldin ( since you start 3 WR ). Maybe i could see Taylor but Foster ??? Ruben , KJ , or Reggie woulda been better picks IMO.

Does anybody really believe that Foster is going to be pulled at the goalline? They basically had a split backfield last year and with Davis gone, they have no reason to do that to Foster. He's young and has the ability. Sure, he has injury problems, but then why not just bench him the whole game. Wouldn't want him to get hurt.

I wouldn't take him that early, over top 10 WRs, but he'll have a solid year with goalline carries if he stays healthy.

i'm not a big RB fan either, but the argument can be made for him as a :notsobad: pick at #5 in a PPR league IF you believe he's going to be able to last the entire season. He has an improved offense around him, and he should easily get 40+ receptions this year. I don't think it's out of the question to think 1400/500/10 is out of the question if you do truly believe he will last (which i personally do not think).

Westy at 1.10 in a PPR is no joke either. Even w/ only playing 12 games last season he had over 1200 combined yards with an incredible 61 receptions - that's money in a PPR league. Two years ago he had over 1500 & 73 receptions in just 13 games. Plus this season Big Red said he wants to get Westy more involved in the offense, and put him in at WR in some sets. His only knock is durability, and out of the three picks that immediately followed him (1.11 Rudi, 1.12 Caddy, 2.1 Domanick Davis) the only one w/o durability questions is Rudi, and he can not come close to touching Westy in a PPR league simply due to the fact that his highest rec. total yet is 23... Out of those four options i'll take Westy all day - especially considering this is obviously a RB heavy league.

Fitz at 2.03 is not bad. I'm a little surprised that he was the first WR to go off the board, but he was a top5 WR last season and the only bad thing you can say about him is that his QB situation could go south real quick - but look who chucked him the rock last season.... I don't see anything wrong taking a guy who had 103/1409/10 last year at 2.03... especially considering he has almost no foreseeable downside.

I was just razzing the person who drafted Ronnie Brown @ 1.05. He knows it was a mild stretch, but he took the player he wanted. I respect that. Ronnie certainly wasn't making it back to his next selection.

As for the Westy & Fitz picks,

I'm the moron that drafted Westy & Fitz. I'm not one to go consensus (within reason) to save face. I thought about taking Steve Smith at 2.03, but I couldn't come up with any trade scenerio that would improve my team to get Fitz (the guy I wanted). My thought process: Even if someone drafts Fitz at 2.10, how much would they package with him to trade up for Steve Smith??? Trading down a few spots in picks was not permitted, so I was stuck.

I was just razzing the person who drafted Ronnie Brown @ 1.05. He knows it was a mild stretch, but he took the player he wanted. I respect that. Ronnie certainly wasn't making it back to his next selection.

As for the Westy & Fitz picks,

I'm the moron that drafted Westy & Fitz. I'm not one to go consensus (within reason) to save face. I thought about taking Steve Smith at 2.03, but I couldn't come up with any trade scenerio that would improve my team to get Fitz (the guy I wanted). My thought process: Even if someone drafts Fitz at 2.10, how much would they package with him to trade up for Steve Smith??? Trading down a few spots in picks was not permitted, so I was stuck.

sorry. didn't realize you were razzing... :shocking:

i really like Westy/Fitz combo in a PPR league. I've actually got Westy/Boldin as keepers in one league and feel mildly good about it and am just hoping they both don't miss the same 2-3 games this year...

Contrary to their ADPs, i actually like Fitz MORE than SSmith this year since Fitz is in a pass-happy offense which should also have an improved running game, but will still be chasing in most games....

Okay - I took Chester Taylor then Deshaun Foster

my next 4 picks I went with Wr's

Galloway, Tj, Stallworth, Bennett - - I also added Lloyd, Engram, and Williamson

for all of those that said Boldin, I did get Kurt Warner as the 12 qb taken off the board.

This is a good question. I like your picks. Although I would have probably taken Gates. I also like Boldin, Chambers, and Roy Williams here. Considering your established RB strategy you pointed out, I think you took the best two RBs available. Your WR picks in rounds 4-7 are excellent. Now get yourself a good QB if you haven't already!

It seems like a lot of people here would have taken Boldin, I was seriously considering it, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Instead I grabbed the Qb that was throwing to Boldin and Fitz :lol: . Taking Warner as the 12 qb overall in the 10th round is a gamble(health) but if.....My other backup qb's were Carr and Volek in the 12th and 13th or 13th and 14th (i forget).