Sign in to follow this  
duceduce

Would you pull the trigger?

I send Ronnie Brown and Steve Smith and in return i get Larry Johnson.

What are your thoughts

Do it now before the guy has second thoughts!

Think about it this way. The difference in scoring between Brown and LJ will probably be around the difference between Smith and a mediocre WR3.

Yeah the way i was thinking though is I dont wana trust another unproven runner even though he is ranked high because I got burned by kevin jones last year and I believe steve smith will not repeat his numbers from last year.

Just my opinion and i think larry johnson is gona rush for 2000

To much to give up Imo even though Larry could be the top back. Your giving a top ten rb and a top 5 wr for a top 5 rb.

Do you have the depth to do it. If you have a couple of decent back up wrs; I would.

Do you have the depth to do it. If you have a couple of decent back up wrs; I would.

Yea quality depth is whatt wins championships and not one superstar player. But if he has alot of other decent players then it might be worth doing it.

To much to give up Imo even though Larry could be the top back. Your giving a top ten rb and a top 5 wr for a top 5 rb.

Don't just look at the straight rankings. LJ should be able to put up at least 2000/25 total (350 fantasy points). At best, Ronnie's good for, what, maybe 1600/12 (232 fantasy points)? That's a margin of 118 points that you have to make up for Smith's stats. I don't think anyone expects Smith to reproduce last year, so let's say he puts up 1500/10 (210 fantasy points). That means you have to find a WR that's going to put up 92 points, or about 680/4 to make up the difference. Should be easy to beat that.

We only start two WR and I have Reggie Wayne, Nate Burleson, mark clayton, ernest wilford. I think Im good but what do you think

Don't just look at the straight rankings. LJ should be able to put up at least 2000/25 total (350 fantasy points). At best, Ronnie's good for, what, maybe 1600/12 (232 fantasy points)? That's a margin of 118 points that you have to make up for Smith's stats. I don't think anyone expects Smith to reproduce last year, so let's say he puts up 1500/10 (210 fantasy points). That means you have to find a WR that's going to put up 92 points, or about 680/4 to make up the difference. Should be easy to beat that.

I don't see any reason Smith shouldn't be top 5 again this year. Key will still some catches sure but Key will also keep the extra coverage off of Smith. Also don't forget that Jake gets tunnel vision for a wr just Look at Muhhamed in 04 and Smith and 05. Smith is still his goto guy,.

We only start two WR and I have Reggie Wayne, Nate Burleson, mark clayton, ernest wilford. I think Im good but what do you think
I wouldn't do it but its up two you.

I don't see any reason Smith shouldn't be top 5 again this year.

Take a look at the numbers. 1500/10 should put him comfortably in the Top 5. It's only a little shy of the 1563/12 he had last year.

Take a look at the numbers. 1500/10 should put him comfortably in the Top 5. It's only a little shy of the 1563/12 he had last year.

Yea I'm not sure he will be 1 again but he could be. He's should be top 5 though.

That would be putting all your eggs in 1 basket. 2 top players for 1 is not a good deal.

I say no. In fact, I say lay off the crack and HELL no. You're giving up a potential top 10 RB and a potential top 5 WR for 1 player who hasn't carried the full season load of a starting RB? If you got something like LJ + a top 15 WR (Ward, Driver, DJax caliber) then I say maybe...but 2 for 1, HELL no.

:wub: Thats how I do my analysis too. I say take a shot at the crown. Those estimated LJ numbers are less yardage than last year and only 4 more TDs, so I think LJ's numbers could be even higher. The guy is going to carry your team some weeks. I think its worth the gamble to take a shot at a guy that averaged about 150+ & 2 TDs per start for 9 weeks and was consistent as hell. Sure Ronnie Brown could be great, but only a healthy LT will be able to compete with Larry's TD numbers this year. Shaun's TDs are going :banana: this year. Now that he's got his contract and Hutch is gone he won't care about the "stabbing in the back" Holmgren might do this year. The last thing you want to do is get to the playoffs and watch LJ put the smackdown on you while Smitty gets triple-teamed and puts up 50 yards and no TDs.

The question is not answerable. If you are going to post a question like this (on the wrong bored) you at least need to provide the appopriate info (here or on the correct bored):

Type of league: how many keepers or dynasty?

Scoring system: unpossible to answer without knowing.

Your roster: what's left if you do it?

How your draft works.

I know you are new. So, first go to the correct bored with this type of question, second provide the necessary info to get an intelligent response.

Those estimated LJ numbers are less yardage than last year and only 4 more TDs, so I think LJ's numbers could be even higher.

Yeah, personally, I think he's more than capable of something like 2500/30 total, but I wanted to err more on the conservative side for the sake of comparison.

If LJ does what we all think he will do...then yes do the deal. The problem is you are putting all your eggs in one basket. If he gets injured...you are in a deep hole. If you are a gambling man...do the deal. If it were up to me...I would play conservative and keep Brown and Smith and build a good supporting cast and be in the hunt come week 16.

Look at it this way if Brown or Smith goes down you still have at least one #1 position player on your team that could have a big day and help you get a win until you can trade for someone or the injured player returns.

Personally DON'T DO THE DEAL

I have to say "go for the deal"....replace R. Brown with the "projected" #1 RB in the league. I also think that S. Smith will lose a bunch of looks due to the addition of a great possession receiver in K Johnson. Not saying that S. Smith wont be a top 10 or maybe top 5 WR....who knows whats going to happen. Without sitting here and over analyzing the offer and without knowing the details of the league, I say pull the trigger...and like the previous poster said if you're a "gambling man"..... and I is !!