Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Who's still with me. Stopped drinking [during the week]

Trying to drop a quick 10 lbs and cut back on the daily beers/etc.

Anybody with me?

Went to a friend's house for a cookout last night & drank water - lots of water!

Now since I stopped drinking during the week and have allowed myself drinks on the weekend - What is considered the weekend for this challenge?

Should it be Friday 6PM until Sunday 6PM?

Just Saturday and Sunday.

TIA

Trying to drop a quick 10 lbs and cut back on the daily beers/etc.

Anybody with me?

Went to a friend's house for a cookout last night & drank water - lots of water!

Now since I stopped drinking during the week and have allowed myself drinks on the weekend - What is considered the weekend for this challenge?

Should it be Friday 6PM until Sunday 6PM?

Just Saturday and Sunday.

TIA

Way to go. I really dont drink that much anymore but good for you. If you are trying to drop 10 lbs, another helpful hint might be to stop eating so much and go to the gym.

HTH

If you are trying to drop 10 lbs, another helpful hint might be to stop eating so much and go to the gym.

HTH

Thanks.

I play basketball or tennis at least once a week [depending on the season].

I try to go to the gym 2 times a week.

And I try to lift weights at home 2 times a week.

If I can do 3 of those a week, I feel good about my accomplishments.

I eat OK, but volume has dropped given current living situation, so I think I'll be fine.

Thanks.

I play basketball or tennis at least once a week [depending on the season].

I try to go to the gym 2 times a week.

And I try to lift weights at home 2 times a week.

If I can do 3 of those a week, I feel good about my accomplishments.

I eat OK, but volume has dropped given current living situation, so I think I'll be fine.

Losing weight is 75% diet 25% exercise. Sounds like you are on the right track anyway. When you exercise is just as important as what you are doing. Try exercising in the morning before you eat or at night 1 hour after you have eaten for hte last time. If you do that, you might be able to drink and still lose weight.

About 5 years ago I was training and studying to be a personal trainer. I took all the classes, was in great shape and just needed to go to Dallas and take the test, since then I got fat again and couldnt pass the written test to save my life. I am a role model to fat lazy people everywhere.

I decided to stop drinking during the week about one month ago.....well, sort of. I allow myself one drinking night b/t mon-thurs. It actually isn't that bad. The first week kind of sucked, but I definately don't miss it as much as I thought I would. As to your question, I would allow yourself to drink friday night and saturday night. I would allow a few on sunday, just not too many.

As to your question, I would allow yourself to drink friday night and saturday night. I would allow a few on sunday, just not too many.

I like the way you think.

<_<

Friday after work is when the weekend starts. Moderation is the key. Cut back on dessert type stuff, don't eat past 6 pm. These and your current excercise regimine are more then enough to help you lose the 10 lbs. easily! :thumbsup:

Friday after work is when the weekend starts. Moderation is the key. Cut back on dessert type stuff, don't eat past 6 pm. These and your current excercise regimine are more then enough to help you lose the 10 lbs. easily! :thumbsup:

I am really going to try to do this.

My daily 'rewards' are helping greatly.

Nothing like incentives.

I am really going to try to do this.

My daily 'rewards' are helping greatly.

Nothing like incentives.

I missed the rewards part. What are they?

I missed the rewards part. What are they?

Private and personal.

Something that means something to me and will act as a strong motivational tool.1

Each Geek/Geekette can/should find their own motivational tool.

Private and personal.

Something that means something to me and will act as a strong motivational tool.

Good deal! I wish you the best and stick with it. It is easy to fall back into the same 'ol, same 'ol. :thumbsup:

Private and personal.

Something that means something to me and will act as a strong motivational tool.

a reach around ?

good for you - I havent gone more then 2 1/2 -3 days without a drink in over 20 years !

:thumbsup:

a reach around ?

If I knew somebody to do this, that would work to motivate my ass. :thumbsup:

Any volunteers???? :)