Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Questions about keeper leagues

My friend just invited me to take on an orphan team in the league he is in.

He is going to pay the entry fee ($25) for me as long as he gets half the winnings.

I don't know why he would give this deal to a rookie keeper owner, but I guess he just doesn't have the time?

Wondering if you guys know any websites where I can go and read up on the specific details and strategies of keeper leagues.

Questions like:

- Who exactly should be kept?

10 teams, 4 keepers.

- There are only 2 players that are 1st or 2nd rounders in a redraft league, Peyton Manning and Tiki Barber. Only 2 on the rise young guys, Cedric Benson and Reggie Wayne

Peyton recieved an extension, therefore he counts as 2 keepers. So which 2, out of those 3 players should I keep?

I know, its a 10 man league and I'm in major sh1t if my best choices are those guys, but hey, its for free.

In case you didn't know, your 10 team league is unequivocally gay (fine by me of course) due to the lack of teams. Accordingly, you may want to reconsider joining.

Keep Barber and wayne and tell him to stuff the $25 up his a$$, the winnings are yours. Also the fact that he would be part owner in a 2nd team could cause problems for both of you down the line. Look to trade tiki if he gets off to a hot start, as it is a keeper league. I just don't have enough confidence in Benson yet to keep him.

Keep Barber and wayne and tell him to stuff the $25 up his a$$, the winnings are yours. Also the fact that he would be part owner in a 2nd team could cause problems for both of you down the line. Look to trade tiki if he gets off to a hot start, as it is a keeper league. I just don't have enough confidence in Benson yet to keep him.

Thank you RC. After reading into keeper leagues, I realized that it is a whole different ballpark. I've been doing redraft for the last 5 years.

But I like that idea. I also have Brees with 3 teams in need of a #1 QB, so maybe I'll trade around, maybe for a draft pick or maybe package him with Barber and see if I can get a younger RB.