Sign in to follow this  
semaj33

am i crazy for considering this...?

side note, roy is 24 and chad is 28...and alex smith is only 22, actually younger than leinart, young and cutler, and the niners need to come around at some point...

is it time to act on roy? is it too early? is it ever okay to trade 85?

you know the drill,

dynasty league, normal scoring...

You can always consider something, but I would not act on this trade. As long as Carson Palmer is the QB in Cinci, this guy will be at worst a top 10 guy. I would liken him to Marvin Harrison a few years ago.

I'm crazy high on Roy this year, but I agree, keep Chad. He is a top 5 WR no questions asked, and Alex Smith didnt show alot last year, on a bad team granted. Stick with Chad and ride that hoss. Remember, Roy does have to adjust to a new offense and a new QB. This is an instance where I say you stick to what you know :rolleyes:

I guess part of the answer may depend upon how badly you want / need a young QB. It would be hard to imagine you need one bad enough to make this trade though. Chad is currently what I would hope Williams aspires to be. Since top 5 WR's tend to remain among the elite at their position longer and with more consistency than do RB's or QB's, I don't think it's wise to trade away a bird in the hand for another who does offer great potential (which is a nice way of saying hasn't yet and might not ever) and a QB who is at best two seasons away from a point at which you can more fairly judge what he'll even be.

I guess part of the answer may depend upon how badly you want / need a young QB. It would be hard to imagine you need one bad enough to make this trade though. Chad is currently what I would hope Williams aspires to be. Since top 5 WR's tend to remain among the elite at their position longer and with more consistency than do RB's or QB's, I don't think it's wise to trade away a bird in the hand for another who does offer great potential (which is a nice way of saying hasn't yet and might not ever) and a QB who is at best two seasons away from a point at which you can more fairly judge what he'll even be.

I agree with Sharkie here. Keep Chad.

I agree with Sharkie here. Keep Chad.

Keep Chad. Alex Smith is unproven and the SF offense may never develop into anything decent. (Although Vernon Davis could prove me wrong ala Gates, except SF doesn't have any RB fit to hold LT's cup, so probably not)

Roy has the talent to become as good as Chad, but until he proves it, they aren't even close.

Keep Chad....look at Rice, Bruce, Rod, Jimmy, Marvin, Owens....the list goes on and on wr's are playing well into their early thirties and not too shabby in their mid 30's. With Chad being 28, I'd say he still has at least four more steller years left and then we'll see.