Sign in to follow this  
solarfire

Green Bay Starting RB

Greenbay RB  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will start for Greenbay and RB?

• A. Greene
    • S. Gado
    • N. Davenport

Davenport is the best one of the 3.... If he can stay healthy he'd be a very nice fantasy back.... too bad he'll probably never stay healthy :huh:

I think it'll be Green as soon as he is able but the biggest question, at least for me, is how long will he able to do so. I don't recall any RB's having or returning from an injury like his. Fred Taylors a few years back is the closest I can think of altough it's still not the same. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers forced to start each of the three backs listed in your poll at some point throughout the season.

Noah Herron has just as good of shot as Gado. The offseason reports for him have been positive.

But it's Ahman's job to lose. That's who I voted for. At least until him and Najeh both get hurt.

Well, the Green's job to lose talk is clouding the situation for sure. However, as I've said before, I just don't think there is any way Green can make it back to pre-injury form. That's a bad, bad injury for a running back, and one that will limit him. If he makes me eat my words, I'll be thrilled. But I'm not holding my breath.

Davenport has always had the ability to play well, but can never stay healthy. However, his injuries seem more flukey to me than chronic. Broken eye socket, broken ankle. I can't tell if it's his running style or body type, but those don't seem like injuries that would necessarliy have me label someone an injury waiting to happen. Broken bones heal, and without a whole lot of impact on an athletes ability to return to form.

Gado is a great story, and a great athlete, but he sure doesn't strike me as a very instinctive runner. He over thinks, and that will cause him problems in the zone blocking scheme, which relies on one cut and go.

Herron is what he is. A hard working, blue collar type player. If he's the starter, might as well write off the season for sure.

Based on all of that, my vote is Davenport.