Sign in to follow this  
Trey5

Trading Draft Picks

I'm looking to trade down in the first round (from 5) in my draft this year - 10 team league . The problem is I have no idea what to expect in terms of value. Should I be getting their first round plus their 3rd rd? More, Less? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been offered a swap of 1.8 and a 4.3 for my 1.5 pick - is this enough, should I be looking for more?

You are going to get offers from people who just want to switch picks in both the 1st 2 rounds. I usually try to get a little more. 2 years ago I traded down from 2 to 4 and got his 2nd round pick for my 3rd. From the spot you are trading at, you probably can't get two 2nd rounders. What I would try for is a swap in both rounds 1 and 2 and then trade your 4th round for his 3rd round. If you can't get that, you should at least be able to work out a swap in rounds 1,2 and 4.

I've been offered a swap of 1.8 and a 4.3 for my 1.5 pick - is this enough, should I be looking for more?

If its a redraft

Jump on that....youll probably still get the guy you want anyway unless its Portis

Moving down from 1.5 to 1.8 isn't a big deal, especially in a 10 team league. Getting a 4th rounder isn't bad. I would still try to work the deal where you got to swap picks in round 2 and move ahead of him.

1.5 and 2.6 for 1.8 and 1.13 + a mid round pick would be awesome! If not swapping firsts and adding 4th and would be a solid deal as well.

Maybe try to swap first rounders and get his 3rd in exchange for his 6th?

1st round picks aren't "make or break" picks, in my opinion. You ought to just at the chance to trade down from the 1.5 to 1.8 if you can gain a 4th round pick. AT 5 you get Portis or Tiki. Jackson, Brown, Johnson, Caddy, etc. aren't that much lower in stats and value. But throw is a 4th round pick, and you've added another starter. I would rather have a SLIGHTLY less quality RB and be able to add on a starter than just a RB. Depending on how the 3rd round works out, and you make this trade, you should consider taking Gates in the 3rd knowing you can go RB or WR, depending on team need.

OK so now the dude is backing off a little bit from his offer and I'm looking at some other options. I have a deal in the works that would swap 1.5 for 1.9 and then give me a 3rd rd. for a 7th rd. The downside is we don't swap 2nd rounders. What do you think of this deal in case the other one falls through?

Not nearly enough info in this post.

1. How many teams in league?

2. Redraft or Keeper (and how many keepers)?

If this is a standard redraft there are tools available on the Web (I don't know where, try google) that will give you a draft value board with the first overall pick starting at 1000 points and everything after a certain point being in the 100s. It doesn't go down in increments but actually forecasts based on teh value of players in the past what each pick should be worth. Of course this assumes you draft the right guy, but thats a different issue.

10 teams - 2 keepers - starting from this yr. Lose draft pick for the round you took your keeper.

standard scoring no PPR - start 2RB's, 3WR's

Thanks for the tip on the draft value thing - I'll check it out.

In inaugural draft of a keeper league I'd say adding picks in the top 5 rounds is good enough to move down a few spots in the first.