Sign in to follow this  
Churchill610

Anyone operate a Bobcat Loader?

So who here's operated one of those little Bobcat skid-steer loaders?? Are they easy for a novice to run? Approximately how much are they to rent for one day? I've got an embankment at the back of the house that I want to dig into and then build a retaining wall.

So who here's operated one of those little Bobcat skid-steer loaders?? Are they easy for a novice to run? Approximately how much are they to rent for one day? I've got an embankment at the back of the house that I want to dig into and then build a retaining wall.

Not sure on rental price. You can google it to get a ballpark idea. Easy for novice to run. I'm guessing you'll tear your yard apart though.

Just don't drive the thing with the bucket filled and high up in the air. If the bucket is full, keep it as close to the ground as possible.

Where you renting it from? How are you getting it home?

I'm assuming it'll come with a trailer, but that assumption could be a big mistake on my part. There's a United Rentals nearby so I'm hoping they'll have reasonable rates. :fingerscrossed:

Also, no need to worry about tearing up the lawn as there is none in the back. The previous owner wanted a no-maintenance "lawn" so he planted friggin' ivy. It took 2 months of pulling to get it all removed. That was decidedly NOT FUN.

Those things will really tear up your focking yard, and I'm not talking about just denting the grass.

It'll make deep ruts in the dirt AND kill your grass.

So just keep that in mind.