Sign in to follow this  
k9tofive

Past Compiler Users that won their league with it

I am a new user and was wondering those of you that have won your league using the Compiler - Did you just go down the Overall List when drafting, use the Tiered list or a combination?

I am tyring to figure out the best use of it on Draft Day with the #4 pick (out of 12 teams).

Thanks in advance.

I don't want to put a jinx on myself, but I have been using the compiler / draft buddy for the past 4 years and have made our leagues superbowl 4 straight years ( :first: ), winning the league 2 time (2-2). :banana: This year our league is saying "no computer" this year, but I of course am doing it again. :doublethumbsup:

I have to say I have utilized many of the features, such as the simple rankings, but with emphasis on tiering; as well as the depth charts, more so in the later rounds.

You'll be surprised when you are thinking no on is left for WRs, you look on the depth chart and find a #1 - like last year, Brandon Llyod was still there very late so I snagged him and he worked out for a while before the QB switch was made. Or you get solid #2s that after the booze has kicked in a little focuse may have gone a stray. Looking at the depth chart helps with injury prone RBs to get some solid backups...etc.

This is a great product. Good luck. :shocking:

-seh2000

This is my 5th year using the compiler. I have won my league twice and finished with the best record (lost in playoff) one other year. The only year I didn't play for championship I was snakebit by injuries and one bad trade. I take the listing and go down, with slight variations based on need and bye weeks.

Good luck.

This year our league is saying "no computer" this year, but I of course am doing it again.

LOL! :ninja:

Great job guys! Impressive results, and geez, sometimes I can't believe we've been doing this for this long.

Where are you setting your tiers at?

And I was wondering, is the CRANK data helpful in this regard. For example:

The AVG point diff/game (using my scoring) for an ELITE player vs #1 player is 3.33 pts/gm.

Obviously making the tiers 53.28 (16 games x 3.33) would make the tiers too big, but can we learn anything from these #s for the Tier demarcation line?

Obviously making the tiers 53.28 (16 games x 3.33) would make the tiers too big, but can we learn anything from these #s for the Tier demarcation line?

I've been using 18, but that's only because that's closest to what 'feels right' to me when I look at the tiers afterwards. I'd like a mathematical way to decide, but I don't even have a clue how to start down that path.

I've used it for 4 years and won 2 years ago. I also finished dead last last year. LOL

The other 2 years i went deep in the playoffs.

I am a firm believer in it.

Sorry to hear about that big D (the dead last part) :(

Perhaps we should cross-reference these answers with a beer consumption factor while drafting? :doublethumbsup: :D