Sign in to follow this  
Feedback

Draft

I drafted 6th in a 10 team league and here's what I can up with.

Round 1) Lamont Jordan, RB

Round 2) S. Jackson, RB

Round 3) Chris Chambers, WR

Round 4) D. Jackson, WR

Round 5) E. Manning, QB

Round 6) J. Shockey, TE

Round 7) M. Bulger, QB

Round 8) J. Addai, RB

Round 9) Reggie Brown, WR

Round 10) E. Wilford, WR

Round 11) DeAngelo Williams, RB

Round 12) Ben Troupe, TE

Round 13) Jax Def

Round 14) Koren Robinson, WR

Round 15) L. Maroney, Rb

Round 16) Josh Brown, k

Round 17) Roddy White, wr

Any Comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Your first 2 WRs concern me. I'm not sold on Chambers with NO QB in MIA (assuming Culpepper won't be back as early as Miami would like us to believe) and DJax is still recovering from his off season surgery.

Eli in the 5th is good, but I fail to see why you felt the need to snag another QB (Bulger) 2 rounds later. That was a bad move IMO.

It doesn't look like a very strong team in a 10 team league to me. JMO.

What are the lineup requirements?

If it's start 2RB and a flex then you are not in great shape as you only have 2RB's and a bunch of rookies that are backups right now.

You stole Jackson in the 2nd.... what that the 15th pick??? Must have been a few WR taken between your 1st and 2nd pick.

So I love the way it started...

Jackson as your 2nd WR is not good.... he's got issues in camp and you are taking a big risk with so little RB depth....

Though I like Manning and Bulger, you can only start one (most likely) so I would have liked to see what you could have had if you changed up the WR and QB picks...

I like Shockey... but again looking at rounds 4-8, it seems like you let alot of talent get away...

I drafted 6th in a 10 team league and here's what I can up with.

Round 1) Lamont Jordan, RB

Round 2) S. Jackson, RB

Round 3) Chris Chambers, WR

Round 4) D. Jackson, WR

Round 5) E. Manning, QB

Round 6) J. Shockey, TE

Round 7) M. Bulger, QB

Round 8) J. Addai, RB

Round 9) Reggie Brown, WR

Round 10) E. Wilford, WR

Round 11) DeAngelo Williams, RB

Round 12) Ben Troupe, TE

Round 13) Jax Def

Round 14) Koren Robinson, WR

Round 15) L. Maroney, Rb

Round 16) Josh Brown, k

Round 17) Roddy White, wr

Any Comments would be appreciated, thanks.

great draft

RB - 2 VERY strong starters and 3 hopeful (potential) sleepers

WR - I like CC and DJax... waited a little long to draft a 3rd... i would've gone with a 3rd wr in round 7, but then again i didn't see the board.

QB - i like Bulger even more than Eli this year, but two great options

TE - one of the best in the game with a strong backup

K - who cares?

D/ST - Jax will be nice

overall, good draft, but maybe get another rb who will def see some time, rather than 3 hopefuls... and wrs need improvement.

looks good ,but i think all leagues with only 10 teams look good. i prefer a league with 12 to 14 teams for redrafts. 10 team leagues are a crapshoot as everyone has 2 really good rbs,2pretty good wrs. and a stud q.b. in it.

I think you fell asleep in rounds 3 & 4. I'd have much rather had a 3rd RB that I could count on to start than a WR with a bad knee and a WR whose QB has a bad knee. You may get lucky and have Wilford bail you out on one of those picks, but they seem a reach to me.

Great pickup of Maroney late. Also like DeAngelo. Don't get discouraged if they're not getting any action early in the season. Those two teams could well be in cruise control mode by FF Playoff time, and you'll be sitting pretty. I just hope you don't need to use one as bait for a #1 WR.

Good luck!

I think if both Eli and Bulger are performing well you should get some decent trade value with whoever needs a QB.

It's a 10 team league, nobody is going to need a QB. Aside from that Bulger can't stay healthy.

I think you fell asleep in rounds 3 & 4. I'd have much rather had a 3rd RB that I could count on to start than a WR with a bad knee and a WR whose QB has a bad knee. You may get lucky and have Wilford bail you out on one of those picks, but they seem a reach to me.

Great pickup of Maroney late. Also like DeAngelo. Don't get discouraged if they're not getting any action early in the season. Those two teams could well be in cruise control mode by FF Playoff time, and you'll be sitting pretty. I just hope you don't need to use one as bait for a #1 WR.

Good luck!

Maroney and DeAngelo may or may not turn out to be great players to have near the end of the season. The problem is that you have to win games at the beginning of the season and this team needed WRs more than developmental RBs.

Your first 2 WRs concern me. I'm not sold on Chambers with NO QB in MIA (assuming Culpepper won't be back as early as Miami would like us to believe) and DJax is still recovering from his off season surgery.

Eli in the 5th is good, but I fail to see why you felt the need to snag another QB (Bulger) 2 rounds later. That was a bad move IMO.

It doesn't look like a very strong team in a 10 team league to me. JMO.

I wanted T. Holt or Chad Johnson but the guy picking first took Johnson at the end of round 2 and started round three with T. Holt. Moss, Fitzgerals, Harrison, Boldin and Owens were already taken bfore my turn in the 3rd round. Besides Chambers I could have taken Ward, Johnson (of Hou) or Wayne. But then these guys were gone before I picked in the 4th round, which left me with Jackson. I guess that's what I get for taking S. Jackson in the 2nd round. B)

Maroney and DeAngelo may or may not turn out to be great players to have near the end of the season. The problem is that you have to win games at the beginning of the season and this team needed WRs more than developmental RBs.

Already said that's a problem, and he didn't miss out on a #1 WR in rounds 11 & 15. Maroney/Williams aren't going to net you a #1 WR in a trade at this point either. Team has 5 RB and 5 WR. So your point is...?

He's made his bed with Chambers and DJax. They're both risky picks, especially that high. But what WR available when the 'developmental RB' were chosen would have made a difference?

Best bet, as mentioned previously, would be to try to use Bulger as part of a deal to strengthen his WR.

I wanted T. Holt or Chad Johnson but the guy picking first took Johnson at the end of round 2 and started round three with T. Holt. Moss, Fitzgerals, Harrison, Boldin and Owens were already taken bfore my turn in the 3rd round. Besides Chambers I could have taken Ward, Johnson (of Hou) or Wayne. But then these guys were gone before I picked in the 4th round, which left me with Jackson. I guess that's what I get for taking S. Jackson in the 2nd round. B)

I'd have been all over Wayne as opposed to Chambers. Maybe not as high an upside, but much more of a sure thing for your #1 WR.

Already said that's a problem, and he didn't miss out on a #1 WR in rounds 11 & 15. Maroney/Williams aren't going to net you a #1 WR in a trade at this point either. Team has 5 RB and 5 WR. So your point is...?

He's made his bed with Chambers and DJax. They're both risky picks, especially that high. But what WR available when the 'developmental RB' were chosen would have made a difference?

Best bet, as mentioned previously, would be to try to use Bulger as part of a deal to strengthen his WR.

I'd have been all over Wayne as opposed to Chambers. Maybe not as high an upside, but much more of a sure thing for your #1 WR.

Working on a deal right now that could land me Wanye for Bulger, what would you think about that?

Yes that is true. Where he drafted Maroney and Williams he wasn't going to find the WRs he so desperately needs. My point was that these players aren't likely to come in and save the day because by then it is likely to be too late. Where this draft went wrong right at pick 3 - Wayne over Chambers is a no-brainer IMO. However, Chambers could still pan out. So this was surviveable. But then he followed up Chambers with DJax in the very next round. That was a big mistake IMO. DJax is coming off a major season ending injury and even if he gets into the early season games won't be in game shape.

Taking Eli in the 5th is not so bad, I like Eli. But if you are high on Bulger and thought you could have gotten him 2 rounds later then you pass on Eli here and get another WR. If you take Eli here you absolutely can not take Bulger 2 rounds later.

Then he followed his Bulger pick by taking a questional RB, Addai. Clearly this team has a love affair with the rookie RBs this year.

The final nails in the coffin were rounds 7 and 8 when he drafted his 2nd string QB and 3rd/4th string RB.

It's a 10 team league. It is incredibly hard to trade QBs in a 12 league because everybody has a decent QB it is going to be even harder to trade one in a 10 team league.

Working on a deal right now that could land me Wanye for Bulger, what would you think about that?

Looks like you are going to make a liar out of me.

I'd do that trade in a heart beat.