Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Eagles Preseason

It really sucks that they have a game tomorrow the 6th and then another one this upcoming Thursday the 10th. Where's the rest time ? It's great for the fans though

It's great for the fans though

:blink:

They have enough players, that if they wanted they could sit some guys this Sunday to take an extended look at others. Then on Thursday they could do the same thing by playing the guys who sat, and benching the ones they already took a look at a little earlier then they normally would have.

I want to see what this Hank Baskett guy looks like.

It really sucks that they have a game tomorrow the 6th and then another one this upcoming Thursday the 10th. Where's the rest time ? It's great for the fans though

Rest? They haven't played since 2004. How much rest do they need?

:blink:

They have enough players, that if they wanted they could sit some guys this Sunday to take an extended look at others. Then on Thursday they could do the same thing by playing the guys who sat, and benching the ones they already took a look at a little earlier then they normally would have.

I want to see what this Hank Baskett guy looks like.

Same here with Baskett. Who has the better chance of become the future #2 - Baskett or Avant?

Same here with Baskett. Who has the better chance of become the future #2 - Baskett or Avant?

It's way too early to make that type of call. At the moment, Baskett has the upper hand, but that doesn't mean much considering they've only been in the league for a few months and are yet to play any games. Avant has only been through one week of practice, so there hasn't been much oppurtunity to compare the two in camp. To name one over the other would be a guess at this point.

With Pinkston out however, I think Baskett is expected to start against the Raiders tomorrow night. Reggie Brown will start opposite him and Gaffney will play the slot. Over the next 2-3 weeks it will be a little easier to figure out the Eagles depth chart at the position. Bill Samps is another rookie wide receiver Eagles coaches have been mentioning as a stand-out in camp.

Also, I just checked out the Eagles website and they now have Baskett listed as part of the third team offense on the depth chart. A week ago they didn't have him listed there, so it looks like they updated it.

looks like each team will get 1 qtr tomorrow (i.e. 1st team in the 1st, 2nd team in the 2nd, etc...). I'm sure that rest is no big deal when your starters are only playing 15 minutes on Sunday. As for the game itself, i'm more interested to see the RBs than the WRs. Anyone know if Moats, Perry, and Buckhalter r playin?

Rest? It's Preseason football how many starters will actually play a good amount of time? Hardly any. This is the time for taking a look at the young players and giving the players who won't have much playing time in the reqular season or looking at those players that are trying to make the team. Wow, I have never heard of anyone actually being concerned about the time between game during preseason football.

What's the latest on Moats?

I didn't here much about him until last night. G Cobb, a 610WIP host, was on air speaking about the Eagles RB situation. When he mentioned Moats, he said the injury is more of a problem than the staff originally thought. They were hopefull he'd be able to return by now, but that's not the case.

The way Cobb made it sound, Moats may not be ready by the start of the season. He said he saw him running in camp, but you could tell he didn't look right.

I don't pay much attention to Cobb's opinion on other sports, but when it comes to football and the Eagles, he's a reliable source. IMO, he's one of the better people in the area to listen to when giving info out about what he saw at Eagles camp. If he says Moats' injury could linger up until the start of the season, I tend to believe him.

For the time being, I'd say Moats' value definetly takes a hit. With that said, if he returns at 100%, even if it's only a week or so before the start of the season, he'll be Westbrook's back-up. It may cost him some work early in the season however. The coaching staff likes what he adds to the backfield and would definelty like to work him into the offense a bit more this year.

There's been talk of Reid wanting to use formations with Moats and Westbrook in the backfield together. Especially with the expected increase in times Westbrook is to be motioned out as a WR. Those plans may be hold for now though.