Sign in to follow this  
lazyh

New User Help

Just downloaded software and opened and set up cheatsheet compiler....Where is the draft buddy and how do I open it?

Just downloaded software and opened and set up cheatsheet compiler....Where is the draft buddy and how do I open it?

Open the folder where you downloaed the compiler. The draft buddy spreadsheet should be there also.

Is it a seperate spread sheet???When I click on open in Excel I only see cheat sheet compiler not draft buddy...sorry very new to this....

Right click on your start button and click explore all users. In the left column double click on your "c:" drive. In the right side of the window then double click on program files, then on cheatsheet compiler. You should have a file named "fftoday_draft_buddy_2006_1.5.xls". Double click to open it.

Yes, the Compiler and Buddy are separate files. Here is how you find Buddy, from the Help Guide:

If you used the self-extracting zip file download, then check the directory /Program Files/Cheatsheet Compiler/ on your computer. Both the Compiler and Buddy files should have been saved there by default, but only the Compiler opens by default when you unzip the download file. From Excel, choose File > Open, browse to that directory, select the Draft Buddy file and click Open.

Now, I will add this... if you downloaded the .zip file, you need to make sure you extract all the files into a directory before opening. I believe if you open from the zip file, then you cannot save changes and finding Buddy might be a bit of an issue.