Sign in to follow this  
lord_majesty

Keeper League Question

Let me first start off by saying hi. My name is Gilbert I'm 20 years old and this is my 2nd year in Fantasy Football.

Well, I entered a keepers league last year and each and every one of us kept 5 players. So, I was wondering can I put in the cheatsheep compiler the players that have been already taken and still be able to use the program?

If not, that's ok since I started a new league on nfl.com anyways.

Hi Gilbert. You can enter the keepers but you do that in Draft Buddy. Basically, the Compiler calculates the rankings for all players whether kept or not. This is the only way to ensure the appropriate value is calculated to all players. Then when you run the Draft Buddy setup, a keepers tab should appear with 5 rows per team (make sure you set the max keepers option on the Compiler setup tab) to enter the kept plaeyrs. They will fall off the cheatsheets so you can easily see the remaining players for your draft.

I'm liking the NFL.com fantasy ads on NFL Network. I may have to join an NFL.com league myself just to try out their system.

Hi Gilbert. You can enter the keepers but you do that in Draft Buddy. Basically, the Compiler calculates the rankings for all players whether kept or not. This is the only way to ensure the appropriate value is calculated to all players. Then when you run the Draft Buddy setup, a keepers tab should appear with 5 rows per team (make sure you set the max keepers option on the Compiler setup tab) to enter the kept plaeyrs. They will fall off the cheatsheets so you can easily see the remaining players for your draft.

I'm liking the NFL.com fantasy ads on NFL Network. I may have to join an NFL.com league myself just to try out their system.

One more question the in the draft we have to have the following

2qbs

4rbs

6wr

2te

2defenses

2kickers

Now, we can also get one extra backup of any position and was wondering how can I tell the complier that we can get an extra player of any postion or defense?

You can put the extra backup at any of the positions. You should put it at a position that you (and your league) are most likely to draft from, but it will not make a major impact on the overall rankings. In your case, I'd probably add 0.5 to backup QB and 0.5 to backup RB to account for the extra roster spot.

You can put the extra backup at any of the positions. You should put it at a position that you (and your league) are most likely to draft from, but it will not make a major impact on the overall rankings. In your case, I'd probably add 0.5 to backup QB and 0.5 to backup RB to account for the extra roster spot.

Thanks I pretty much have everything setup now. Now, how can I use the draft buddy to tell me which pick would be best for me?

Thanks I pretty much have everything setup now. Now, how can I use the draft buddy to tell me which pick would be best for me?

Draft Buddy (or the Compiler) do not explicitly say, "you should pick this player with this pick". I mean, it gives direction obviously with the various cheatsheets and reports, but it doesn't come up with a one true best pick.

Some people do run down the overall list and are successful, but from my perspective there is still your own judgement to be made. This article I wrote a couple years ago goes a long way to helping make the judgement calls:

http://fftoday.com/articles/macgregor/tiering.htm