Sign in to follow this  
ucsbgerry

Denver Running Back Situation

So does anyone think Cobbs has a legitmate shot at being the starting RB? He was a dark horse before preseason and then during camp he looked crappy. I don't understand why Tatum isn't the true starter, he is freaking good. Dayne and Mike Bell are both shitty. What are your thoughts?

So does anyone think Cobbs has a legitmate shot at being the starting RB? He was a dark horse before preseason and then during camp he looked crappy. I don't understand why Tatum isn't the true starter, he is freaking good. Dayne and Mike Bell are both shitty. What are your thoughts?

NO

After watching the game last night, i don't know that anything changed as far as depth chart. M Bell's fumble hurt him a little but he did have a few decent runs. T Bell had a few better holes and made some good gains. Dayne didn't do squat. Cobbs look pretty good but at the end of the game.

The situation is still as clear as mud. I don't believe by their performances that M Bell has lost the job. Dayne probably dropped below T Bell on the depth chart.

Tatum will remain the change of pace back. He did not look that good until the 2nd string D was in. The battle for first will come down to Mike and Dayne with the loser taking the third spot.

Mike Bell did just fine, except for the fumble. Tater Bell did his damage in the 2nd half of the game against the reject defensive players, big f-ing deal folks.

Tatum will remain the change of pace back. He did not look that good until the 2nd string D was in. The battle for first will come down to Mike and Dayne with the loser taking the third spot.

Exactly right. Tatum Bell will get half the carries and the other two are fighting for the other half of the carries. Shanahan was never going to make Tatum Bell a 20-carry a game guy. His role is what it is. It's Mike Bell and Ron Dayne that are fighting for the 1A spot.