Sign in to follow this  
BringBackBernie

Domanick Davis' knee

RB D. Davis Battling Fluid On His Knee

Adam Schein, FOXSports.com

RB Domanick Davis has fluid in his knee and isn't practicing. HC Gary Kubiak couldn't commit to a time table for his return, when he might play in the preseason, or if he would be available on opening day. This injury stems from the end of last season and the recovery from surgery is taking much longer than anyone expected.

I had cartilage removed, had a setback , knee swelled up big time. Went to the doctor because of extreme pain and swelling. He said the only thing he could do was drain the knee. I said, do it. He told me twice he did not want to drain my knee, just to stay off of it for a week. I said, well, I have this little thing called work, so I can't stay off it. He repeated that he did not want to drain the knee, yet would not tell me why? Anyway, I told the guy to drain the freaking knee. He drained it. Great feeling getting a horse tranquilizer jabbed in your knee. The knee felt better immediately after being drained.

Why do doctors not want to drain a knee if the swelling is out of hand? I think Davis should get the knee drained, take a few days off and get back to it. I am not a doctor, but if anyone knows what the problem of draining a knee is, please fill me in?????

I'm sick of DD's knee. They should just amputate the thing and name Lundy the starter already.

I think they let the knee and body take its course to correct the issue.

I am hoping that once he gets better he will be an absolute stud in this system. If Lundy produces - we may see another RBBC = possibly the same Kubiak came from Denver with in Andersen and Tatum.

I think they let the knee and body take its course to correct the issue.

I am hoping that once he gets better he will be an absolute stud in this system. If Lundy produces - we may see another RBBC = possibly the same Kubiak came from Denver with in Andersen and Tatum.

Well, mine was drained, and I don't think I have had any side effects. How does the body take its course and correct itself, and why is this the proper way?

Well, mine was drained, and I don't think I have had any side effects. How does the body take its course and correct itself, and why is this the proper way?

Not a doctor - but if a knee fills up - there has to be a protective reason for it.

Not a doctor - but if a knee fills up - there has to be a protective reason for it.

I should have asked my doctor, but he was one of those guys who "is the best" and knew it. He operated on a lot of the Buckeye Football players, Bengals, pro athletes, etc. We had a few uncomfortable moments so I just told him to drain it and got out of there and never spoke with him anymore.

I have had 3 knee surgeries of different degrees(stemming from football injuries). What I know is they don't just drain a knee unless there is severe swelling. IF there is not severe swelling, the body will take care of the extra fluid in time. Fluid is the 2nd indicator of something being wrong, pain being the 1st. I still get fluid in one of my knees from time to time and the doctors prefer to let it heal on its own rather than invade the knee in any way.

Also, I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I have had 3 knee surgeries of different degrees(stemming from football injuries). What I know is they don't just drain a knee unless there is severe swelling. IF there is not severe swelling, the body will take care of the extra fluid in time. Fluid is the 2nd indicator of something being wrong, pain being the 1st. I still get fluid in one of my knees from time to time and the doctors prefer to let it heal on its own rather than invade the knee in any way.

Also, I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Ok, that is a little closer to what I wanted to know, but I guess I would really like to know if draining the knee causes problems in the future?

The knee is naturally filled with synovial fluid, piercing that joint space can cause more damage because you lose the lubricating fluid and you open up the possibilty for infection (that space is typically 100% sterile). The best ways to get a knee infection are to drain it, and ghonorhea.

The knee is naturally filled with synovial fluid, piercing that joint space can cause more damage because you lose the lubricating fluid and you open up the possibilty for infection (that space is typically 100% sterile). The best ways to get a knee infection are to drain it, and ghonorhea.

Wow, thanks for the info. It has been over a year since my knee was drained and no problems as of yet. You would think the doctor would offer that information up.

I guess the infection part of it is why he reared back and jammed the thing in my knee as fast as he could so there would not be any tears, etc. just a straight puncture. Here I thought he was jut mad at me.

Ok, that is a little closer to what I wanted to know, but I guess I would really like to know if draining the knee causes problems in the future?

no not really. But like I said before, if it is small swelling they don't want to invade the knee. The real question is why is he still having swelling and pain. I would think they missed a small tear.

My 2nd surgery was because they missed a small tear under the ligament. I had to do a special MRI in SF where the send the Niners to. It pulls out the ligaments in a 3D image and rotates it. When they did this, they found a small tear underneath unseen before. This helped me get over additional swelling and pain. But took another 3 months to heal.

In other words, Im avoiding DD this year.

I'm recovering from a similar surgery with the same bad results. Docs are really hesitate to go in too often because each time could make it worse. Altho in my case, my 2-3 day recovery has turned into 3 months and another upcoming surgery. Moral of the story, DON'T mess with the knee unless absolutely necessary.

Domanick Davis is still in the league?

IN all seriousness, does anyone really want to touch this guy before say the 3rd or 4th round? We all know he's gonna be a headache more then likely all season, why touch him? Great upside but the downside is starring you right in the face.

We had a few uncomfortable moments...

Buttsecks?