Sign in to follow this  
Oberon

A question regarding the cheatsheet compiler.

Does the cheatsheet compiler allow you to customize the player scoring to include kick/punt return yards and TD's for offensive players?

Thanks in advance.....

Hi Oberon. Unfortunately, no, the Compiler does not do this because we do not project stats for individual punt and kick returners. There hasn't been enough demand for it, and I feel it would be extremely difficult to do as well given the positions turn over so much and players earn highly erratic stats returning punts/kicks.

We do include team punt and kick return yards and TDs as part of the team defense and special teams position.

What I did was I ended up using the 100+ Yards Receiving Column as Return Yards, as my scoring did not use it.

I used FFToday's team sp teams yardage projections, and modified them. I did some research, and figured that last year punt returns accounted for 16% of all special teams yardage, and kickoff returns for the other 84%. Then I figured out which KR and PR were listed as WR and RB (best choices listed below) I gave a KR 84% of his teams total, and a PR 16% of his teams total. Return men who did both got 100%. This may seem a little high given that there are always others who get returns at some point. If you want to decrease everyone's yardage by like 20% to account for that, then feel free.

A note that you can't update projections once you've done this, or you'll lose the information. So I copied the projections over to Team B and changed them there.

Ok, let's see here. Here are the RB/WR that I have projected with the most return yardage (this information is according to the most recent depth charts I could find):

WR Bryant Johnson

RB Chad Morton

RB Mewelde Moore (if Koren Robinson gets suspended for the season. Moore is the 1st string PR and the 2nd string KR behind Robinson)

WR Wes Welker

WR Dante' Hall

WR Eddie Drummond

WR Skyler Green

RB B.J. Sams

All these guys are listed as the KR and the PR.

Other players who you might draft who will also get return yards are Mike Bell (questionable. will he still return kicks if he starts?), Michael Pittman, and Kevin Curtis.