Sign in to follow this  
steelers2101

Longest day of work ever

Help me procrastinate thread. As far as fantasy football strategy goes, like most others here, I think I'm unmatched. However, in my case, it is true. Everyone in the league I commish asks me for advice, and these are experienced managers, and I'm so good, I give it to them honestly. I'm also very humble. haha. j/k. But seriously, I'm down to talk about anything.

Of particular interest to me:

Dillon/Maroney

Draft strategy in 14 team league. I'm drafting 5th, and after taking whomever is left of Portis and Tiki, I'm considering WR/WR.

What you would do in my keeper league if you were me (keepers below) and drafting 11th. I am pretty hard headed, so though I enjoy listening to opinions, I always do what I want anyway. If Ward falls, I'll definitely be taking him as my #2 WR (we start a flex, but thinking there won't be any solid starting RBs left, so I may go with someone who I think will be the LJ or last year (maybe Maroney).

Waivers - only players that are dropped vs. Sunday through Tuesday? What do prefer.

Late round RB sleepers.

Help a brotha pass the time.

Foster, chestor Taylor, Kevin Jones - - 2nd round of a twelve teamer. Not a ppr league but 1 point for each 20 yards, 1 bonus point for each run over 20 yards, 3 bonus points for 100+ yard game, 6 points for td. I think these three will be available - who do you prefer?

Take Dillon...I really think he's gonna have a very good year. They will lean on him like they never have. He puts up nice TD numbers every year and I think his yardage will be over 1400. Maroney is a nice back, but I don't see him getting to do much this year.

Sleepers....there really aren't any. I would say Tatum Bell is the sleeper to end up with a starting rb job, but he'll go quick anyway?!

Foster, chestor Taylor, Kevin Jones - - 2nd round of a twelve teamer. Not a ppr league but 1 point for each 20 yards, 1 bonus point for each run over 20 yards, 3 bonus points for 100+ yard game, 6 points for td. I think these three will be available - who do you prefer?

I like all these guys. Where you pick is very important though. If your draft position is early, you may be able to get Foster in the early 3rd round. Your starting positions are also important, because I strongly believe in getting a top tier WR late in the 2nd.

Foster will last to the third, taylor might, jones won't.

Not to answer your question.

I'm high on Taylor, but of the 3, he has the weakest hold on the starting job. Carolina is dedicated to their starter (see S. Davis when Deshaun was clearly the superior back). However, Deshaun is injury prone, so his handcuff is a necessity, so that should be considered. So I'd look at it more as would I rather have the Carolina RB or Taylor (or KJ) and a 7th pick (where you'd probably have to look at deangelo).

Minnesota's schedule is surprisingly tough, but they have a nice playoff schedule. Minnesota also has the best offensive line of the 3. Detroit has the best schedule of the 3.

IF you have to take an RB, I'd say go KJ. However, what I would do is take a top WR in the 2nd, and hope Chester falls.

Drafting Sunday also, so with you on this long arse day!!

Background:

First year keeper. My team sucked last year and will be keeping Caddy. I have pick # 2 in a 12 teamer. 6 points/td, 1 pt/10 rush, 1 pt/10 rec, 1 pt /25 passing, -1 for int,fumbles.

Question:

I have a chance to draft either SJAX or Ronnie Brown for my number 1 pick and I cannot decide!!!! Help a brother out???

Take Dillon...I really think he's gonna have a very good year. They will lean on him like they never have. He puts up nice TD numbers every year and I think his yardage will be over 1400. Maroney is a nice back, but I don't see him getting to do much this year.

Sleepers....there really aren't any. I would say Tatum Bell is the sleeper to end up with a starting rb job, but he'll go quick anyway?!

I agree, but in the keeper Dillon is being kept, and in the other league, there's no way I take Dillon that early. I may take him in the 3rd though.

In the keeper though, with the potential of Dillon getting hurt, I think Maroney could be huge. However, there are a few teams that have very poor keepers and they may be looking to rebuild, so Maroney may not even last to pick 11 of the 1st non-keeper round (4th overall).

Drafting Sunday also, so with you on this long arse day!!

Background:

First year keeper. My team sucked last year and will be keeping Caddy. I have pick # 2 in a 12 teamer. 6 points/td, 1 pt/10 rush, 1 pt/10 rec, 1 pt /25 passing, -1 for int,fumbles.

Question:

I have a chance to draft either SJAX or Ronnie Brown for my number 1 pick and I cannot decide!!!! Help a brother out???

First, is it going to remain a 1player keeper, or is there some sort of option to keep more. If so, I'd take a long look at Bush (though he may be who is going #1).

Otherwise, the more I look at SJax, the less I like him (look at his game log last year).

I'd go Ronnie Brown, but I'm sure most will tell you otherwise.

Also, if you can keep more, Maroney may be a great player in years to come.

Off to lunch. be back in a bit.

Alright, I'll give it a go. I play in a standard non-PPR 3 wr league. I am keeping LJ and Jordan and pick at the turn 3.12 and 4.1. While I am keeping Jordan, I am not completely sold on him. So my question is do I go wr/wr at the turn and pick from Ward, Williams, Wayne, Driver, Buress (leaning towards Ward and Williams, but Ward's hamstring is really starting to scare me) or do I take C Taylor, KJ, Lewis if they are there as a #3 back and then grab Walker or Housh in the 5th?

Alright, I'll give it a go. I play in a standard non-PPR 3 wr league. I am keeping LJ and Jordan and pick at the turn 3.12 and 4.1. While I am keeping Jordan, I am not completely sold on him. So my question is do I go wr/wr at the turn and pick from Ward, Williams, Wayne, Driver, Buress (leaning towards Ward and Williams, but Ward's hamstring is really starting to scare me) or do I take C Taylor, KJ, Lewis if they are there as a #3 back and then grab Walker or Housh in the 5th?

Is there a flex position? If so, a solid third RB like Taylor or KJ is a no brainer. However, with 3 starting WRs, I take 2 WRs.

I'm not sold on Lamont either, but he won't be much worse than Taylor or KJ at worst. So you can take the big upgrade at your #2 WR and get a fill-in RB later. At the same time, if you're in a league where people are not hesitant to trade, since RBs are more valuable, you can grab one of those and either trade them for the WR you would have picked, or even trade Lamont for a top WR. That actually might be the best option. KJ and Chad Johnson/Steve Smith or Lamont and Roy Williams?

And what have you heard about Ward's hamstring. Is he still not practicing? He might fall to me for my first pick in my 3-player keeper league.

Ward is still not practicing. See below. Has me thinking about grabbing Wayne and Williams over Ward.

The News

Wide receiver Hines Ward will miss the Steelers' second preseason game due to the hamstring injury that's plagued him throughout the exhibition season. "The hamstring is just not cooperating," Ward told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I can't force the issue just to be out there in a preseason game that doesn't mean anything."

Our View

Ward practiced hard on Monday, but unfortunately that only seemed to set him back to where he was when he first sustained the injury. He's getting desperate to the point that two men who have worked on teammate Dan Kreider previously showed up at camp to treat Ward with something called active release treatment, which Ward termed "like acupuncture, but it's not acupuncture." He still plans on being ready for the start of the season, but as hamstring injuries tend to linger we're starting to get a little bit concerned.

Ward is still not practicing. See below. Has me thinking about grabbing Wayne and Williams over Ward.

The News

Wide receiver Hines Ward will miss the Steelers' second preseason game due to the hamstring injury that's plagued him throughout the exhibition season. "The hamstring is just not cooperating," Ward told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I can't force the issue just to be out there in a preseason game that doesn't mean anything."

Our View

Ward practiced hard on Monday, but unfortunately that only seemed to set him back to where he was when he first sustained the injury. He's getting desperate to the point that two men who have worked on teammate Dan Kreider previously showed up at camp to treat Ward with something called active release treatment, which Ward termed "like acupuncture, but it's not acupuncture." He still plans on being ready for the start of the season, but as hamstring injuries tend to linger we're starting to get a little bit concerned.

Reminds me of how Horn killed me last year. But I'm a steelers fan, so it's hard for me not to roll the dice with him instead of taking, say, Wayne or Chambers. We'll see though. If a solid RB falls to me, I'll be forced to take that, and just get whatever RB is left after the guy after me (with SJax, Cadillac and Gates as keepers) drafts, and he could easily draft 2 WRs, though I suspect 1.

Aren't you the guy who famously predicted Tommy Maddux would throw for 5,000 yards a few years ago. I remember he had "steelers" in his handle. :o

Aren't you the guy who famously predicted Tommy Maddux would throw for 5,000 yards a few years ago. I remember he had "steelers" in his handle. :o

No, not me. I remember that though.

Like Dillon

getting no love on help board: keeping D. Davis, K. Jones, C. Palmer and Andre Johnson in 12 teamer.

Got 3rd pick, how would you rate who's available

W. Parker

Gore

T. Jones

D. Foster

Dillon

Benson

M. Bell

T. Bell

C. Brown

Rhodes

Rookies

thinking Bush will go first, then Parker then what?