Sign in to follow this  
BeeefyTaco

Need help on a draft idea

Doing my annual CBS Sportsline draft with my buddies. This year we're starting a keeper league. I have the 8th pick, so I'm shooting for Ronnie Brown. The problem I can't decide on is who I should go with in the 2nd round. Another RB or one of the elite WRs? We start 2 RBs and 3 WRs. Was thinking WR, then hoping to get a Dillon/JLewis/Dunn.

Anyone been in the same situation and don't mind helping me with what RBs were available to them in the 3rd round? I'd appreciate any help possible! RB-RB-WR or RB-WR-RB.

Thanks a lot for the input!

2rd round RBs probably: caddy, westbrook, mcgahee, chester taylor, kevin jones, dillon

2/3rd round WRs might be: holt, boldin, chambers, santana moss, hines ward, galloway, wayne

its totally up to you, and pretty dependent on what the other teams do. if the top 4ish WR's are gone then take another RB.

good luck!

please see my draft Q:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222424

Beefy, i've drafted 9th and 10th in my past 2 drafts and I seem to always get Chris Chambers and Santana Moss. Both seem available in the late 3rd early 4th rounds. I think you go Ronnie Brown then Lamont Jordan or Willis McGahee in early 2nd. Then try to grab Chambers and ward or moss in the late 3rd early 4th.

thx for the replies. You really believe in McGahee this year? Was thinking if I get Ronnie/SJaxx then if Caddy, Edge aren't available in the 2nd, I'd go with a stud WR jsut because we start 3 WRs. Normally I"d go RB-RB, but starting 3 WRs scares me. I'm leaning towards RB-WR then relying on Dillon or Jamal, even Foster (tagged with DeAngello) in the 3rd/4th. This is our first year of doing a keeper with my friends, so I know Bush will be taken 2nd or 3rd round, which just moves more players towards to me

THanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

Beefy, i've drafted 9th and 10th in my past 2 drafts and I seem to always get Chris Chambers and Santana Moss. Both seem available in the late 3rd early 4th rounds. I think you go Ronnie Brown then Lamont Jordan or Willis McGahee in early 2nd. Then try to grab Chambers and ward or moss in the late 3rd early 4th.

Yeah, I've just lost confidence in early round WRs. They never seem to pan out. It's like picking a pitcher in baseball, you're just never sure if it's a good value until the end of the year. Last year I picked up Santana Moss off of waivers in week 4 and road his stats all the way to the championship. Starting RBs are never a losing pick. Even if you don't need them, someone else does and you should be able to put a good trade together.

Please help me!

i'm drafting in a week. standard redraft, 14 team, i'm #6. going rb/rb because of the lack of true starters & plenty of wr's. thinking s-jax/ronnie. portis's drop may make my decision here. i was thinking dillion then dunn in round 2. however, maroney good performance seems intent on turning the pats into rbbc & there is a good chance duckett will be traded, looks like jets, which would up dunn's value. my money is on rb, rb, wr, wr.

I'd go with another RB, then WR. However, if there is a STUD WR (like top 7) then go with him and pick up a back next time around. Like I said, only take a WR with your second pick if he's a STUD!! Otherwise go RB, RB, WR. Good luck and check out my post, I just drafted today, It's under Hecklers