Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Worst team ever?

I joined a ten team league....took over a terrble franchise.

You can keep three....and keep three on a farm team.

Here is what I ended up with.

Keepers: Lamont Jordan, Kevin Jones, Santana Moss

Farm Team: Carson Palmer, Andre Johnson, Mark Clayton

(Starters in bold)

Total Team:

QB's

Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunell, David Carr

RB's

Lamont Jordan, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, Wally Lundi

WR's

Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, David Givens

Mark Clayton, Greg Jennings, Hank Basekett

TE

Chris Cooley

K

John Kasay

D

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Farm Team:

Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Joseph Addai.....Bush and Addai were my first two round picks.

Team sucks....I drafted for the future....think I can do any damage or not.

Thanks for any input...will answer yours.

That team does suck, but you are going about it right. With Bush and Addai you will have your runningbacks of the future. Having Palmer in the farm team is also great. Next year target WRs and maybe a TE. Could take some time, but keep working.

I was going to recommend trading some older players for younger guys, but in reality the only old guy you have is Brunell, who has little to no trade value.

Hopefully you can suprize some teams, but this year is a writeoff.

I really don't see it as a terrible team. You have solid starters in Jordan, Jones, Moss, Johnson

and you also have good potential for the future, you lack some depth but who doesn't.

All in all, I think you gave yourself a chance to compete this year and a bright future.

:P

Not a bad team at all - you'll be competitive this year and for years to come.

Addai and Brown are going to be monsters for you in the future...

can you explain the farm team concept? does that mean you can call them up at some point or can u not use them at all this yr?

i think your team is pretty damn good with jordan, jones, bush, addai, moss, andre johnson, delhomme, palmer. pitt D

In all honesty your RBs stink but who knows. Personally I think Kevin Jones will be this years Kevin Jones. Your WRs stink too. Moss will probably be good and maybe Andre Johnson will be good, he has all the talent in the world. Depending on how things play out, you could end up with a good team.

Where you need help.

Need at least one of your RBs other than Lamont to not stink this year. You need Andre Johnson to have a year equivalent to his talent or maybe Antonio Bryant to stop playing corner in the end zone. These are big needs but who knows with FF.

Mine http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222859

can you explain the farm team concept? does that mean you can call them up at some point or can u not use them at all this yr?

i think your team is pretty damn good with jordan, jones, bush, addai, moss, andre johnson, delhomme, palmer. pitt D

Farm Team: You can put three players on your farm team. Must be rookies or you drafted them when they were rookies. Once on the farm team....cannot move them up the entire year.

I figured I was a year away from being a legit threat so I drafted three qb's figuring I would keep Palmer on my farm team and throw Bush and Addai on there with him. You can only keep a player for three years, but you can keep a player on your farm team as many years as you would like....once you call them up, they have three years as a keeper.

good job. you really werent going to be able to compete for the championship this year so you did the right thing in drafting for the future. Your wr's are horrid, but young. I would stay that way, picking up guys who have potential and are young so you can have a really talented squad next year.

Strategy for this year...hope a few guys step up (i.e. Bryant, Clayton, Moss, TBell) and you might compete for the last playoff spot.

Strategy for next year...keep Palmer, Bush and Cooley.

And watch a lot of college football this fall.