Sign in to follow this  
joho2o

# of leagues

This is about my 6th year of fantasy football, I'm usually in 2 money leagues, but this year I'm in 4.

Will this be confusing and will it hurt or help my chances?

This is about my 6th year of fantasy football, I'm usually in 2 money leagues, but this year I'm in 4.

One thing I have noticed is that my teams have looked eerily similar in the past. I am going to make sure not to fall in love with my earlier drafted teams and focus on picking the best value!!

it usually just pisses me off, because I rarely have the same players on every single league.

So while i cheer for Reggie Wayne to score a 40 TD in one it kills me in another. I do alot of this :thumbsup:

I play in two pay leagues and about five public autopick leagues.

I'm only intereseted in the pay leagues though.

I can't stand cheering for one guy on one team as he hurts my other team.

I moved from 2 to 3, but changed league types. I have a 14 team redraft, 12 team Dynasty (with offense and DST only) and a 16 team IDP Dynasty. I must say that this has forced me to be better prepared for the year. I had my 1st draft yesterday and I was the most relaxed and felt the most prepared I have ever been for a draft. With the different league set-ups, I don't worry about getting the same players over and over. This also stopped me (at least yesterday) from "targeting" players and letting the draft come to me (which I have been remiss on occasionally in the past). I think any more than 3/4 leagues would cause you to lose excitement as you will bash your brains in figuring out who to root for and how to propely manage your in-season moves. Good luck either way.

does it get confusing? or do you try to draft the same players

I try to participate in leagues providing a variety. 3-keeper, 4-keeper, various scoring formats, IDP's, Dynasty's.

One of the most fnu leagues ever was when some of the old Geek borders used to run the hilarity league. You never picked for value, but instead to find a way to have a ridiculous team.

One guy only picked players with more than 11 characters in their last name, then there was the all - "johnson" team, another one with only players having a criminal past...etc etc....it was pretty fun.

last year I did the no-hassle league, you draft in June, and one person volunteers to score the teams overall throughout the season, just to see who was smartest in June.... :wub:

It makes it interesting rooting against players you have in one league vs the other leagues

:wub: :cry:

Too Many leagues just causes headaches dude.... :wall: I'm only in 2.... one redraft, and my Big Dynasty league with full IDP's.... This way you can be a GM full time all year round, and you also get to draft a team from scratch every year.....

I'd say stick with 2 leagues... i used to do 4, 5 even 7 at one point and when you see yourself sitting there on Monday Night saying I need Reggie Wayne to get 4 catches for 60 yards for me to win this league, but if he does any better than that I lose this league because someone else has him, and I need favre to throw for 2 Td's to catch up from behind in my Big money league, but if if he has too big of a game then I'll lose 2 other leagues.... F THAT..... no more of that :wall:

I say stick with the 2 leagues you're in ! Maaaaaaybe 3 but like another guy in this thread said.. change up the formats of the leagues, one dynasty, one redraft, and a keeper or something... so you get a little taste of everything, but I reccomend 2 leagues :thumbsup:

I play in two pay leagues and about five public autopick leagues.

I'm only intereseted in the pay leagues though.

I can't stand cheering for one guy on one team as he hurts my other team.

Agreed. I do 2 $$ leagues (1 big $$ Keeper, one 50$ FFToday geek redraft), along with a bragging rights league with peeps from the "A Little Help" bored.

Those are my three and I stick with them. I usually do 2 or 3 drafts on yahoo or espn just for a little practice but I don't ever end up managing the teams.