Sign in to follow this  
hotgumbo1

Any thoughts on Pick #7 out of 12.

Haven't drafted yet and just thought I'd solicit any thoughts on Pick#7 outa 12. Standard scoring. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K.

I'm pegging Rudi at #7 but open to Portis or SJackson. At #18, I'm eyeing any of the Top 5 WRs.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I'm picking @ 7 seven too, and will take SJax if he's there. If not, will go with Ronnie B. The Dolphins schedule looks pretty favorable

On that note, I'm thinking between Harrison and Fitzgerald in the turn around. Any thoughts on that?

i picked 7 this weekend and got edge. it was either him or portis and i went edge. it went LJ, LT, SA, tiki, sjax, rudi then edge and portis.

just finished drafting from the 6th spot in a 12 team redraft league. Here's the team I was able to put together..#7 overall took Ronnie Brown.. #6 and #7 are pretty similar so this should help you

1.06 - Steven Jackson

2.07 - Torry Holt

3.06 - Hines Ward

4.07 - Donald Driver

5.06 - Correy Dillon

6.07 - Donovan McNabb

7.06 - Thomas Jones

8.07 - Frank Gore

9.06 - Kurt Warner

10.07 - Ernest Wilford

11.06 - Dallas Clark

12.07 - Ben Troupe

13.06 - Colts Defense

14.07 - Curtis Martin (just in case)

15.06- Mike Vanderjagt

Depending on your scoring system, I can't imagine that there is a big gun wideout there at 18. They should be gone! Too many RBBC this after the top 6-7 backs. I'd rather have Harrison at a almost guarranteed 12+ TD's at 7 then draft Edge who I think will have 8-10. In my league there are bonus' for TD's at a farther range. WR score farther out then the bulk of RB 1-2 yard plunges. Depends on your league. :cheers:

I'm thinking about trading down from 4 to 7, for the better 2nd round pick. Here's why: After the first 3 picks (LJ, Alexander, LT, in any order), the next tier of RBs are a crap shoot. Now that Portis is injured, there's no clear #4 pick. I would be happy with Portis, SJax, Ronnie Brown, or Tiki. It doesn't take much math to see that if I'm 4th or 7th, I get one of those players. Especially if Manning is drafted with the first 6 picks (which I know he is in my league).

Here is what I got out of the 8 spot in a 12 tem redraft.

1- Steven Jackson (RB STL)

2- Torry Holt (WR STL)

3- Corey Dillon (RB NE)

4- Randy Moss (WR OAK)

5- Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)

6- Matt Jones (WR JAC)

7- Derrick Blaylock (RB NYJ)

8- Thomas Jones (RB CHI)

9- Roddy White (WR ATL)

10- Mark Brunell (QB WAS)

11- DST Jaguars (DST JAC)

12- Troy Williamson (WR MIN)

13- Jeff Reed (K PIT)

14- DST Buccaneers (DST TB)

15- Mike Nugent (K NYJ)

Here is how the 1st round played out.

1 Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

2 LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

3 Larry Johnson (RB KC)

4 Tiki Barber (RB NYG)

5 Clinton Portis (RB WAS)

6 Edgerrin James (RB ARI)

7 Peyton Manning (QB IND)

8 Steven Jackson (RB STL)

9 Ronnie Brown (RB MIA)

10 Rudi Johnson (RB CIN)

11 Cadillac Williams (RB TB)

12 Terrell Owens (WR DAL)

I was pretty happy to grab Steven Jackson at 8. I was debating between him and Ronnie Brown.

Eying Peyton at 7 out of 12 myself. Lookin at Willis Mc on the rebound, but I think that is a bit ambitions. Might go with marvin for the 1-2 punch, and roll the dice with rbs the next 3 rounds. There is some value at rb in the 3rd, comparatively speaking...

I'm picking @ 7 seven too, and will take SJax if he's there. If not, will go with Ronnie B. The Dolphins schedule looks pretty favorable

On that note, I'm thinking between Harrison and Fitzgerald in the turn around. Any thoughts on that?

i like either s jax or ronnie brown and fitz, i'm targetting them both, then i'm going to try to get r wayne in the third, he is going big this year and then stockpile the rbs

now that that's been established.... :ninja:

SJax at 7, if he is there, is awesome. take it! and dont look back. Fitz in the 2nd round would be awesome. if i were picking 7th, thats exactly the duo i'd be eyeing. but alas, i pick 2nd, so i'll get LT2 or SA, and leave it at that, then have crappy RB depth after that. :pointstosky: the pisser would be if SJax went 6th. ugh! then take Ronnie Brown...

Here is what I got out of the 8 spot in a 12 tem redraft.

1- Steven Jackson (RB STL)

2- Torry Holt (WR STL)

3- Corey Dillon (RB NE)

4- Randy Moss (WR OAK)

5- Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)

6- Matt Jones (WR JAC)

7- Derrick Blaylock (RB NYJ)

8- Thomas Jones (RB CHI)

9- Roddy White (WR ATL)

10- Mark Brunell (QB WAS)

11- DST Jaguars (DST JAC)

12- Troy Williamson (WR MIN)

13- Jeff Reed (K PIT)

14- DST Buccaneers (DST TB)

15- Mike Nugent (K NYJ)

Here is how the 1st round played out.

1 Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

2 LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

3 Larry Johnson (RB KC)

4 Tiki Barber (RB NYG)

5 Clinton Portis (RB WAS)

6 Edgerrin James (RB ARI)

7 Peyton Manning (QB IND)

8 Steven Jackson (RB STL)

9 Ronnie Brown (RB MIA)

10 Rudi Johnson (RB CIN)

11 Cadillac Williams (RB TB)

12 Terrell Owens (WR DAL)

I was pretty happy to grab Steven Jackson at 8. I was debating between him and Ronnie Brown.

not sure if i would have gone Sjackson and Holt on the same thing though...

Sjax is not going to be available at 7 in most competitive leagues, especially with Portis' injury. It should go

top 3, tiki, Sjax, then portis/edge/brown. I'd love to get sjax at 7, but aint gonna happen where my draft is, thats for sure...

Sjax is not going to be available at 7 in most competitive leagues, especially with Portis' injury. It should go

top 3, tiki, Sjax, then portis/edge/brown. I'd love to get sjax at 7, but aint gonna happen where my draft is, thats for sure...

I just frafted last night and got SJax at the #9 position.

Round 1:

1. P. Manning

2. S. Alexander

3. L. Tomlinson

4. L. Johnson

5. T. Barber

6. R. Brown

7. R. Johnson

8. C. Portis

9. S. Jackson

10. E. James

11. C. Williams

12. L. Jordan

13. S. Smith

14. L. Fitzgerald

Interesting news was that both 13 and 14 went WR-WR. Manning went #1 overall, throwing off the standard top 3.

The team that took Manning made other 'suspect' picks:

1. (1) P. Manning

2. (28) J. Addai

3. (29) D. Davis

4. (56) D. Branch

5. (57) Ro. Smith

6. (84) Da. Clark

7. (85) Indianapolis

8. (112) A. Vinatieri

Aside from him, the rest of the fraft was pretty predictable.

With Portis out - Sjax and Tiki are the clear cut No 4 favorites. And let's not forget about Neil Rackers!

Just looked at a draft, and first round, 6th pick, Bledsoe, No 7, Eli Manning, No 9 Peyton Manning.

Crazy!

So, Neil Rackers with the 4th pick is right up there!

I had the No. 7 pick, and Portis was still there, so I went ahead and took him.

I fell for the Kool Aid and took Bush in the second round.

RBs go very quickly in my league, so I took Frank Gore in the third and then Driver in the fourth.

I don't know what I'll do next.

It's all a big mess.

I would say that our league is very competitive....except for the new team we added this year......and I was able to get SJax at pick 8. I was debating between him and Ronnie Brown.

I would say that our league is very competitive....except for the new team we added this year......and I was able to get SJax at pick 8. I was debating between him and Ronnie Brown.

who went 1-7?!?

Depending on your scoring system, I can't imagine that there is a big gun wideout there at 18. They should be gone! Too many RBBC this after the top 6-7 backs. I'd rather have Harrison at a almost guarranteed 12+ TD's at 7 then draft Edge who I think will have 8-10. In my league there are bonus' for TD's at a farther range. WR score farther out then the bulk of RB 1-2 yard plunges. Depends on your league. :doublethumbsup:

I agree. If Marvin is there at 18, I'm taking him. Then pair him up with the like of Mason or Driver. Last year in on of my big money leagues, I started with Edge at #5. Because of MCallister, Manning and a couple others, Owens slid to me at #20 and then Holt at #29. I was like I'll take em. I'd been following the Mike Anderson and WIllie Parker situations leading into the regular season and gambled on those two as my next picks.

The season went well. :dunno: