Sign in to follow this  
mathja

Keeper question

I can keep up to 3 players heading into the draft....

I'm not in great shape. Currently, I can keep Randy Moss and Willis McGahee.

I also have Carson Palmer (who was the highest scoring player in my league last year). But I'm obviously concerned with his injury situation. I gave up a 6th round pick to get him in the offseason, figuring he was worth more than that in any keeper league.

Another league member has offered to give me Santana Moss for Palmer, even though he doesn't have room to keep Palmer. He thinks with the injury concern, he could leave him unprotected and draft him at 4.12.

Yet another league member is willing to give up T.O. and a 7th round pick for Carson...This is probably a better bet than Santana Moss, but T.O. seems like such a gamble right now between the hamstring and the circus atmosphere.

So....Palmer, Santana or T.O. and a 7th......

I'd keep Palmer if I were you.

Although he may be slowed by the injury for a while, I think he'll be back to his original form before long. With the supporting cast he has, that should put you in great shape at QB for a while.

Thanks for mine.

What is your full roster? I'm not sure I like McGahee and Moss as keepers.. I'd definitely keep Palmer ahead of those guys, and would be very tempted to make the trade for TO.

If I recall, Palmers injury was to the knee.

It's not like he is a RB.....this wont affect his performance drastically other than his ability to scramble.

keep palmer and dont look back. Sometimes the best trade you can make is no trade at all, and this is one of those times.

also worth noting:

if you insist on trading him, I'd wait for him to come back, play one solid game.... then you'll get a lot more for him than you'll get right now. People will jump back on the wagon big time.

Thanks for all the responses...

Keep this in mind (maybe i should have mentioned this)....If I only keep 2 players instead of 3, I will pick before everyone else in my 12 team league that keeps 3 players.

So, I can make the Carson Palmer for T.O. deal....and now someone has offered me a 4th round pick for T.O.

This means I'd now be able to pick in the 3rd round (because I only have 2 keepers) and get the cream of the crop of the unprotected players -- and get an extra pick in the 4th round (which is the first full round of this type of draft).

by the way, my other keepers are not worth keeping.....closest to being a keeper are donald driver, warrick dunn, javon walker, deion branch...i don't think i'd keep any of these guys over moss or mcgahee.

I am strongly considering that option too....it would take guts, but could pan out....I would miss out on reggie if someone who finished below me kept no players, but then they'd drop guys as good or better than mcgahee or moss.