Sign in to follow this  
Eriadoc

Yet Another "Rate My Team" thread

Just drafted 7th in a 12-teamer comprised of members of this board. I can't post the opposing rosters because some of them are competing with some of you and would like to keep things under wraps. This is a PPR league and QBs get 6 pts. per passing TD and 1 pt./25 yds.

QB - Culpepper, Carr, Rivers

RB - RJohnson, Westbrook, Dunn, Chris Brown, Morency, Moats

WR - SMoss, Horn, Michael Clayton, Travis Taylor

TE - Dallas Clark, Winslow, VDavis

DEF - TB

K - Wilkins

Just drafted 7th in a 12-teamer comprised of members of this board. I can't post the opposing rosters because some of them are competing with some of you and would like to keep things under wraps. This is a PPR league and QBs get 6 pts. per passing TD and 1 pt./25 yds.

QB - Culpepper, Carr, Rivers

RB - RJohnson, Westbrook, Dunn, Chris Brown, Morency, Moats

WR - SMoss, Horn, Michael Clayton, Travis Taylor

TE - Dallas Clark, Winslow, VDavis

DEF - TB

K - Wilkins

I think after Johnson, Westbrook, and Dunn, you should have focused perhaps a little more on WR. You have a lot of question marks at WR, in my opinion, with only Moss coming off a solid year. Good depth at QB and TE. If Culpepper bombs, though, and you have 6 pts per TD, then you are in some trouble. I don't like leagues where QB's get 6 pts per TD..too much.

I think after Johnson, Westbrook, and Dunn, you should have focused perhaps a little more on WR. You have a lot of question marks at WR, in my opinion, with only Moss coming off a solid year. Good depth at QB and TE. If Culpepper bombs, though, and you have 6 pts per TD, then you are in some trouble. I don't like leagues where QB's get 6 pts per TD..too much.

Yeah, I took Moss and Horn in the 4th and 5th. Then there was alittle QB run and I figured I'd take a chance on Culpepper in the 6th. Chris Brown in the 7th was too tempting, as all other starting RBs were gone at that point. I think Clayton will get back to form this year, so I took him in the 8th. A TE run took the top candidates off the board, so I figured I'd grab Clark in the 9th. The WRs just sort of disappeared, heh.

Thanks for the feedback. That's kind of what I figured, but if I can piece it together at WR, I like my chances with the backs I landed.

your qb's and wr's are suspect, try trading off 1 or 2 of your rb's to get a solid, veteran player where you know what you are going to get from them. not a bad team just a couple of big ?'s

Nice QB corps - Culpepper with a Rivers there could be huge.

RB corps - Very nice depth there. Upside in Dunn with Duckett leaving

WR corps - You probably used the Dunn and Brown picks instead of a WR...can't blame you...but it's your weakness.

TE - Very nice...Davis AND Winslow with a solid Clark there

Def - decent

K - decent as well

Like everyone said, shore up your WR corp. I had Clayton last year, and as everyone knows, he was a stone cold dud. I'd like to think he's bounced back, but once bitten etc. etc.

Other than that, nice job. Your RBs are solid, and I think Culpepper will bounce back with the targets he has in Miami.

Now, maybe you can help me out...

You have a nice team. But your obvious weakness is at WR, but you have 3 awesome backs. I would like to know were you go C-pepp, b/c I think you should of gotten another solid WR instead of Duante. Then gotten Delhomme in the next round or something. But overall a good team, you should compete. I think to win the ship' you'd need C-pepp to return to old form, and Joe Horn and Mike Clayton to have stellar seasons. Good Luck

In a PPR, Westy and Dunn will be monsters for you w/a solid non-injury risk battering ram in Rudi. I like. The WRs do have some serious ??? and you should try and upgrade. Trade Rudi and aim for the HR or trade Dunn and get a solid WR in return (less risk). A lot of potential.....My advice would be trade Dunn, his value is skyrocketing right now. If you do that, you should be a frontrunner.....