Sign in to follow this  
dynastybaby

Could Michael Turner be this years LJ?

Turner could be a top 5 RB if he is forced to start for an injured L.T. Obviously L.T. would need to go down (Not wishing this on LT) Who do you think would be the top handcuff turned stud if forced into duty?

I would agree he could be a Top 5 pick. Where are all the band-wagoners who all last pre-season hyped Darren Sproles as LT2's back-up? I said then that Turner was LT2's back-up, and a good one at that. For a big guy, Turner is fast. That's why he was called Burner Turner in college. But the best part of Turner's game is that he doesn't go down on 1st or 2nd hit. He's a load. How well his type of running style would translate over an entire season is anyone's guess. But he has the talent to fit in and fit in well should anything happen to LT2 for a few games. I'd be surprised if he were in SD next season, and I'm sure he'd like his own gig somewhere else.

Turner no question! :first:

I have LJ in a keeper league and decided to take LT #1 in my other league last night to hedge my bets. I would have taken LJ if not for Turner as LT's backup. I have no question I'm going to get huge production all year from LT or Turner. If something happened to LJ, I'm not confident at all.

Having said that, LJ did look damn good behind that banged up, "washed up" O-line. :cheers:

Turner the Burner would be my top candidate as well. The guy runs like he's a huge bowling ball. Others would include Maroney, Reggie Bush (if Deuce goes down), Marion Barber, Norwood. All could produce big games if they got the full-time gig.

Tatum Bell or Cedric Cobbs

Maroney in N.E.

Bush in N.O.

that Jacobs kid if Tiki goes down

And then whoever the Broncos cut and Houston picks up incase D.D. goes down!

That Norwood kid in Atlanta... cant sleep on him either.

Take it to the bank! :cheers:

**thanks BushWack**

There is definitely a large number of these types of players this year. But the trick is to figure out who is going to get hurt which is not only sadistic, it is pretty hard (I know, I am sadistic enough to have tried). I will tell you that if I am comfortable with my starters and he is lying around there near the end of the draft he won't get past me. And I mean if I didn't even have a single DST, kicker or even QB at that point I think that the upside is insane. Plus LT2 has been wearing down the last few seasons late in the year and if they make a run for the playoffs they could be sitting him when the title games are happening for us. That would be a nice counter to those guys with SA and LJ.

Tatum Bell or Cedric Cobbs

Maroney in N.E.

Bush in N.O.

that Jacobs kid if Tiki goes down

And then whoever the Broncos cut and Houston picks up incase D.D. goes down!

That Norwood kid in Tenn... cant sleep on him either.

Take it to the bank! :banana:

Norwood plays for ATL.

Plus LT2 has been wearing down the last few seasons late in the year and if they make a run for the playoffs they could be sitting him when the title games are happening for us.

That my friend is impossible... we all know that the Broncos will win that division by 2 games!

So while KC and SD fight for a playoff spot, they'll need all the LT2 they can get.

It's the Mike Bell owners that will need a handcuff, cause we'll be resting the starters come week 15 :banana: lol...

in a perfect world

Plus LT2 has been wearing down the last few seasons late in the year and if they make a run for the playoffs they could be sitting him when the title games are happening for us. That would be a nice counter to those guys with SA and LJ.

Exactly! I took him in round 11 as my handcuff for fear of this exact thing. Just can't take the risk of watching somebody else ride him through the playoffs because I didn't handcuff a round or 2 earlier. LT gets teams to the FF playoffs, but hasn't done much in them the past couple years.

That my friend is impossible... we all know that the Broncos will win that division by 2 games!

So while KC and SD fight for a playoff spot, they'll need all the LT2 they can get.

It's the Mike Bell owners that will need a handcuff, cause we'll be resting the starters come week 15 :thumbsup: lol...

in a perfect world

:D That division is going to be a frickin dogfight this year! Should be fun to watch the fireworks. :banana:

It's the Mike Bell owners that will need a handcuff, cause we'll be resting the starters come week 15 ;) lol...

in a perfect world

"we"? :D

What position do you play, team numbnuts? :thumbsup:

Sorry - pet peeve. :banana:

"we"? ;)

What position do you play, team numbnuts? :thumbsup:

Sorry - pet peeve. :banana:

LMAO!

I'm the inspirational leader of the crowd! lol.. or at least thats what I tell myself. :D

Here is a name nobody is saying...... Corell Buckhalter.... Don't know about you, but i'm a bit worried about a RB (westbrook) who has been in a walking boot for almost 4 weeks. Westie is always injured & he could be dealing with a lisfranc sprain. If Buckhalter can stay healhty (I know that is a huge if) he could not only get 10 carries plus goal line work a game when Westbrook is healthy, but take on all the duties if Westbrook is out.

Not wishing anything bad on LT, but I would love to see Turner get a chance to start. Every time he touches the ball he does something great. That run where he destroyed that defender and burst into the secondary was freaking great. That guy is a little powerhouse.

Plus LT2 has been wearing down the last few seasons late in the year and if they make a run for the playoffs they could be sitting him when the title games are happening for us. That would be a nice counter to those guys with SA and LJ.

I don't get why people keep insisting that he has been slowing down late in the year. Last year was the first year that at the end of the season he didn't have any great games, and that had everything to do with an injury, not wear and tear. I know many of you are gonna say thats how he got hurt, he was wore down, took punishment or whatever it may be. Last season he had a rib injury so his stats suffered. Last year his stats looked like this:

Week 12- 186 rushing

13- 86

14- 75

15- 76

16- 47

19- 96

Those aren't great numbers, but he did post those numbers with a rib injury. As for the 2004-05 season:

week 11- 164

12- 46

13- 113

14- 131

15-111

16- 81

17-Did not play, meaningless game

I dont think those are bad numbers. But everyone is convinced that these last few years he has been slowing down. Plus, he's only 27. He should have 3-4 more solid years.