Sign in to follow this  
hardboy23

Why are the games on NFL Network HD, not in HD?

Why do some of the games come in HD and others do not. I can see when they are showing a game that was not originally in HD, but tonights game is exclusive to the NFL Network yet is not in HD. I will be disappointed if there regular season games have the gray bars on the side as well. ANNOYING!!!

Can't you stretch your picture to fill the screen?

I know some people like to do that but for me it just ain't the same. Everybody's short and fat!

Can't you stretch your picture to fill the screen?

I can, but it is not the same. There is a huge difference and I thought by getting NFL Network HD, they would program in HD, which none of the shows are true 16:9 HD. I have seen 1 game in HD the whole preseason. :lol:

I can, but it is not the same. There is a huge difference and I thought by getting NFL Network HD, they would program in HD, which none of the shows are true 16:9 HD. I have seen 1 game in HD the whole preseason. :lol:

At least on the NFL Network

not all games are filmed in HD.

Correct. Especially not in HD if it is two crappy teams. Even one of the Colts games last year wasn't in HD.

not all games are filmed in HD.

I understand this, but when they have an exclusive game, and have an HD network, why would they not film it in HD. Which leads me to wonder if they will do the same when they premier on Thanksgiving???

Why do some of the games come in HD and others do not. I can see when they are showing a game that was not originally in HD, but tonights game is exclusive to the NFL Network yet is not in HD. I will be disappointed if there regular season games have the gray bars on the side as well. ANNOYING!!!

What channel is NFL Network HD? I have DirecTV and it is 212, but I didn't realize there was an HD channel.

Also, I watched the intro and they never said the game was being broadcast in HD. :lol:

Correct. Especially not in HD if it is two crappy teams. Even one of the Colts games last year wasn't in HD.

Does anyone know if it costs more to film in HD??? I wouldn't think so if they already have the equipment....

What channel is NFL Network HD? I have DirecTV and it is 212, but I didn't realize there was an HD channel.

Also, I watched the intro and they never said the game was being broadcast in HD. :lol:

I have the DISH network, so I can't help you......

I remember some network dramas were said to be cheaper filmed in HD. Some teams(?) may not want to splurge on new tv equipment.