Sign in to follow this  
tony hardware

Kellen Winslow: Forgotten talent?

In both my leagues, I've waited until the 13th round to take a TE, Kellen Winslow. Since he hasn't been playing, he doesn't show up within immediate view on the Y! rankings (if you're in the yahoo leagues). Everyone seems to have forgotten him and, as a result, I think I've landed a decent TE in the late rounds while focusing on other positions earlier. Much to the chagrin of other people in my leagues.

Has anyone else found the same?

I think he's a got a chance to be productive, given the lack of other options in Cleveland and the tendency for young QBs to rely on tight ends. He's athletic enough to put up numbers. Just needs to stay off the motorcycles.

took him in the 13th saturday night... :doublethumbsup:

I took Winslow late in the 13th and I took V. Davis late in the 15th. I wouldn't have waited so long for a TE, but the run of TE's went in between my picks and there was no one (TE) left to take. So I waited, and I hope Kellen Winslow is as big as he could be!

I'm a little worried that when they find out he's a "soldier", he'll end up getting his butt shipped to Iraq.

I'm a little worried that when they find out he's a "soldier", he'll end up getting his butt shipped to Iraq.

:doublethumbsup:

:cheers: :dunno:

Young QBs usually rely on their TE a lot, so this is a good situation. He's a great sleeper this year...got him in the 15th round of my yahoo league (probably because most people didn't even see him appear on the rankings list). If he stays healthy, no question he produces enough to be a starting TE in fantasy at the very least. Huge upside.

Any body who is any good at fantasy football hasn't forgotten about him. He has been hurt the last 2 years and I am sure the fellow Geeks have taken some other viable TE's. I got Ben really late as a number of owners in my league just go off their cheatsheet from their "guru" source.

Kellen Winslow is a true sleeper becuase he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet, but I will be monitoring him in the early part of the season, and hope I can pick him up when New England is on a bye.

:headbanger: