Sign in to follow this  
dalie

Stallworh gone, what about Brees?

I have Brees and Delhomme, with Stallworth gone to Philly should I look again at a Kitna, Rivers, Simms or Vick (released after draft) instead?

Vick as in Michael Vick? I would take him over Brees.....with Stallworth gone and his jacked up shoulder. I'm not a Brees fan this yr....I do like Delhomme a lot this year. I would start him most weeks.

Thansk for seeing mine

Personally, I am targeting Delhomme to start for me. I draft Thursday.

I really have no idea why Brees is ranked so high in all the rankings I have seen.

Maybe, assuming you are going to start Delhomme, you can move Brees to upgrade one of your other spots, and then pick up Vick just for the bye week. The Falcons are playing the Lions week 9 (Delhomme's bye.)

Just my opinion.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=225634

Brees may still do okay when the saints are always coming from behind as long as he doesn't throw too many ints. He still has bush who will flank out more than payton is letting us see in the preseason. Delhomme was my 3rd highest ranked qb so i think you can count on him to get you solid points. I also have high hopes for Kitna. He was good enough to start for the last few years but had to sit behind palmer due to his high pick and paycheck. Kitna under martz w/ 3 receivers who always dissappoint but have enough talent to go to the pro-bowl looks promising to me.

Is this a keeper league? If so...I'd look at Simms as your backup. If not, I'd start Delhomme and take Vick as my backup....

Matters with your scoring. If yours is like mine (3pts - Pass TD, 6pts - Rush/Rec TD) Vick is a great choice. Sure he had only 15-16 TD, but thats Passing TD's. He had 5 Rushing TD's! Point-wise that would total it to equal about 25-26 Passing TD's which is top-notch. Make sure Delhomme is in good shape cause Vick may get beat up. I got my QB's too late and I took two QB's who like to take the beatings. :pointstosky:

As much as I dislike him, I think I'm gonna agree with most of these other people and say go with Vick. His passing stats won't be anything impressive, but his rushing numbers will do a lot to make up for that.

Thanks for the advice on mine.