Sign in to follow this  
gottabesweet84

Chad Johnson?

Yes. Targeted a few times. Only one or two catches. Nothing noteworthy. The ESPN crew, however, made it a point to emphasize how Johnson needs to work on his patience (in not getting the ball) in situations like that.

Al Harris did a great job on Johnson. Basically not letting him get open at all. Woodson, on the other hand, let Hoousurdaddy get whatever he wanted. Looks like Al Harris is the one who should be talking trash now ;)

Palmer tossed one incomplete his way early and that was it.

He pretty much played the entire 1st half and was shutdown.

Yes. Targeted a few times. Only one or two catches. Nothing noteworthy.

Targeted a few times and one or two catches ? WTF game were you watching dude :ninja: ?

He was targeted once on a short slant which Palmer under threw... and finished the game with no catches,,,

Anyway to the poster, this night wasn't about Chad....they obviously wanted to get the ball out of Palmer's hands quickly last night to get him more comfortable... they basically didn't run any plays that required Palmer to sit in the pocker for an extended period.... In fact I'm pretty sure the only pass he threw over 20 yards was one 30 yard fade to the endzone that was intended for Housh..... Pretty much it was a lot of over the middle stuff to Housh, and the TE's Rb's....

The object was to get Carson a feel for game speed again and to see how he's react after a little contact.... He did say after the game that he's "no where he needs to be mentally yet" but it's coming along.... All in All I think it was a perfect game plan and a very positive day for Palmer and the franchise (excluding the obvious statistical line that everyone can see)

HTH :thumbsdown:

Al Harris did a great job on Johnson. Basically not letting him get open at all. Woodson, on the other hand, let Hoousurdaddy get whatever he wanted. Looks like Al Harris is the one who should be talking trash now :thumbsdown:

How would one talk trash after a 31-0 thrashing when Palmer/CJ/TJ came out? Maybe CJ doesn't see it, but I'll take him being shut down anyday if the results are the same.

Targeted a few times and one or two catches ? WTF game were you watching dude :clap: ?

He was targeted once on a short slant which Palmer under threw... and finished the game with no catches,,,

Anyway to the poster, this night wasn't about Chad....they obviously wanted to get the ball out of Palmer's hands quickly last night to get him more comfortable... they basically didn't run any plays that required Palmer to sit in the pocker for an extended period.... In fact I'm pretty sure the only pass he threw over 20 yards was one 30 yard fade to the endzone that was intended for Housh..... Pretty much it was a lot of over the middle stuff to Housh, and the TE's Rb's....

The object was to get Carson a feel for game speed again and to see how he's react after a little contact.... He did say after the game that he's "no where he needs to be mentally yet" but it's coming along.... All in All I think it was a perfect game plan and a very positive day for Palmer and the franchise (excluding the obvious statistical line that everyone can see)

HTH :ninja:

It did thank you much sir.