*WR- Derrick Mason

*WR- Javon Walker

*WR- Corey Bradford

*TE- L.J. Smith

*K- Rian Lindell

*DEF- Seattle

*=starting lineup

Quick idea behind my team:

I drafted the night of the bengals game. I was pick 4 and drafted Rudi as my first pick. Then came back and grabbed palmer. I think the bengals offense is explosive. Mike Bell was a gamble, but I believe he might pull off the starting spot. Glenn, Mason, and Walker all seemed like solid choices. Corey Bradford was a late pickup but could be decent. I think L.J. Smith will see the ball a lot after losing TO and Pinkston is having some problems right? Seattle def looks to be strong, and the kicker is the kicker. As far as the several backup running backs, a lot of you must be rolling your eyes. I came up with this strategy, and yes it is a huge gamble, but I like to play it that way. I will be dropping Bennett. But with westbrook not being mint, deshaun fosters tendency to get hurt, and Vernand Morency possibly getting the starting spot in houston...chances are I will pick up one of those spots. They also pose as trade bait, and eliminate my opponents from picking them up. And of course I had to play the Madden curse with morris...

any advice would be greatly appreciated. free agents begin at 3am thursday morning. is there anyone i should go grab to improve my team?is my starting lineup sufficient enough to withstand my gamble of waiting for an injury in the top rb spots, or morency to take the top spot at houston?

thanks

Seriously, the the alternating caps makes people hate you, not think you are cool.

You wideouts need help. Bradford barely even has career stats and he is a veteran.

Carr is in the bottom 10 qbs in the league.

Your biggest problem is only 1 surefire starter at rb. Your team is weakest at the most improtant position which by the way you have a ton of. Kinda ironic.

Atleast it got your attention...No one has rated my team the other times I posted...

Carr is my backup...should I pick up brad johnson instead?

any quiet free agent tips?

12 man league by the way.

If I have to keep it real, your team is pretty bad. I think you screwed up with Palmer in the 2nd round. Who was your third round pick because every guy you have is like a 4th round guy or later other than Rudi. You are weak at RB, WR, and even TE cause LJ is not that great (and I am an eagles fan). yeah, pinkston is having problems, he was cut but they got stallworth. Problem is you don't really even have any trade bait.

I'd be worried about your RBs. Who knows what Mike Bell will do this year? After that, you have a group of backups who will likely produce minimally this season, with the possible exception of Deangelo Williams. If Bell busts, which is a fair possibility, you're going to have a gaping hole in your lineup.

You start four wideouts? If so, I'd look to drop a couple of your backups - Morris or Moats maybe - and pick up some extra WRs to rotate in and out for bye weeks. Terry Glenn could put up decent numbers, while Mason and Walker are good #2s, I think - Walker having upside to be a #1. Is Troy Williamson around on waivers?

I agree, Palmer in round 2 was a bad move, if you did take him round 2...looks like you did.

Check out my thread? http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=13

I don't think you can ever make a mistake picking up carson palmer. It doesn't matter that the game was against the packers. they march down the field consistently. Glenn is solid, Mason is solid, and the broncos are reporting that the entire team is in awe of walker's playing ability. The addition of stallworth will only free up Smith in the field. He may see less throws, but more quality ones for solid catches. I am also thinking of picking up Joe Klopfenstein. A huge 6-6 target that will most likely be getting the starting TE spot and a ton of looks throughout the season, especially redzone.

As far as trade bait, I have been receiving a ton of emails in my league...Do you really think that Deshaun Foster or Westbrook is not going to get hurt. Deangello Williams is tremendous. Vorency is aiming for the top spot in houston. I don't think you can win this game in the first couple weeks. Players will fall, and their backups will move in.

I think my team is solid, but I appreciate your advice. Could you tell me more interms of what to look for, or try to grab in the free agents, rather then say my team stinks lol.

no offense, but your WR and RB are terrible i hope you were paying mroe attention the the game and not the draft

Starting Line Up:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

W/R

W/TE

K

DEF

So technically you could start a lot of WR's, a couple TE, or 3 RB if you have the depth, but I currently don't.

So I definitely need to focus on starting more WR. I am going to check on the free agents you mentioned. Thanks

I don't think picking up Carson Palmer is a mistake, but doing it in round 2 was premature...he might have fallen to round 3, or you might have easily waited another round or two without taking a great hit by picking a Hasselbeck or Eli.

I just think Palmer in 2nd (if that's where you got him) made you miss out on a better value in a solid second RB.

I can't say for sure Deshaun or Westbrook won't get hurt, but you can't say for sure that they will, either. If Foster or Westbrook somehow manage to stay healthy all season, and Moats/Williams see only spot duty or RBBC, it won't help you too much unless you can trade them high. With Moats, he's competing for No.2 carries with Buckhalter. Williams is by far your best option as a backup RB who may step in and produce this year, but it's just not a sure thing.

Morency is aiming for the top spot in Houston, but so is Wali Lundy. Lundy is being tagged as the likely starter if DD can't go - I don't think he'll be a feature back, but if he is, you might have something there. Still, if it's RBBC with Wali Lundy, neither back will be very valuable.

*Probably* won't need a backup TE, better spent roster spots on WR/RB depth. I'd go see if Troy Williamson or Kevin Curtis is available off waivers...they might not be, but you never know. What are your waiver options for WR?

(edit) I just saw your starting lineup, was under the impression that you had to start 4 WRs. If you don't, a second TE is worth a look.

It is a real possibility, maybe even a likelyhood that your last 4 rb will combine for less than 1000 yards

Palmer, Walker coming off big time injuries

Bell might start

Carr sucks yes take Brad Johnson

And as for trade bait, Try and package Moats, Morency, Bennett and Morris all for a decent #2 rb. I can't even imagine how many roster spots I would have before I wanted Ryan Moats on my team.

Bennett- Minnesota wanted him to be good, but just isn't When Mwelde runs you outa town...

Did I mention how bad Carr sucks.

I did take carson #2. I was 4th pick. As it came back to me in the second round, I remember the 3rd pick man talking about wanting carson badly. I realized that if I didn't grab him then, the number 3 position would grab him, and a RB before it came back to me. I was very close to taking a RB, but had a gut feeling he would get grabbed within those 6 or so picks before coming back to me. Tough call.

Unfortunately those guys you mentioned are already owned. I did pick up the TE I mentioned. He could be a great talent, and I figured I should atleast guard him until I find something better. I am just going to keep checking team news and free agents until I can find someone. If you hear of any free agents typically going untouched with some value please let me know. Thanks a lot.

haha I picked up B. Johnson.

And threw one of those things Superman uses at Carr. So he goes to another dimension shaped like a flat piece of glass.