Sign in to follow this  
p00h

Travis Henry to start in Tenn?!?

Per Cbssportsline:

Brown has done nothing to endear himself to the Titans' coaching staff this preseason, requesting a trade at the onset of training camp, so we feel like that plays a role in this move, too. Brown will still warrant carries in Tennessee, but expecting anything more than 15 touches a game is a mistake at this point. Fantasy owners should consider Brown a low-end No. 4 RB or a reserve option worth a late-round pick in all leagues.

Is this wacky news even remotely true?!?

KFFL says its not true... i'm not sure why sportsline hasnt fixed it yet...

RB situation is a mess right now... The only way any of them have any value is if 1 gets traded away... I rather take a shot and Draft a Mi Clayton or Reggie Brown then an Tenn RB...

so for clarity's sake, and not that a TEN RB is a great option ANYWAY...

but has there been news from TEn that Henry starts over Brown?

Yeah, Forget it... Chrissy is starting the season..

Only what cbssportsline is spitting out. FWIW, when Chris brown is healthy, he's a damn solid back. And that offense will surprise people this year. Volek is pretty good as well. That rb spot will produce pretty decent #2 rb numbers...

I think it has been confirmed that CBS is full of crap on this one. HC Jeff Fisher already debunked the rumor saying his starting RB has not changed.

I thought my post was pretty clear... but if for some reason you failed to comprehend it.... viola!

Titans | Fisher kills running back rumor; Brown had not heard it either

Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:11:03 -0700

Craig Tapper, of Titans Online, reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher quickly squashed an internet rumor that he had decided on RB Travis Henry as the team's starting running back. Rumors began circulating yesterday on CBS Sportsline that Henry had overtaken RB Chris Brown as the Titans' starting running back. Fisher said Wednesday, Aug. 30, that Brown was still the starter. Brown said he had not heard about the news. "I didn't even hear about it," Brown said. "You all are telling me something new. I had no idea about that. I didn't hear anything about it." Brown will start the team's preseason finale followed by Henry and rookie RB LenDale White.

Does someone actually think B. Volek will be the starter in Tenn?

Kerry Collins will be starting sooner rather than later, and as a result defenses will respect him more than Volek. I think Brown's stock goes up a little bit since the passing game will thus improve, and Drew Bennett's stock also goes up.

But Chris Brown is a RB3 or flex starter AT BEST!

Just my .02

he has no value.

he & henry will split carries with Lendale White.

This is the worst situation. two backs splitting can still put up half decent numbers... but add a third back to the mix, and the most likely result:

Nobody gets fantasy numbers worthy of even being a backup.

I'd stay away from all of these guys unless it looks like one of the backs shows hes a cut above the rest. The most likely guy to do this is Lendale white... but it wont happen until late in the season or next year.

he has no value.

he & henry will split carries with Lendale White.

This is the worst situation. two backs splitting can still put up half decent numbers... but add a third back to the mix, and the most likely result:

Nobody gets fantasy numbers worthy of even being a backup.

I'd stay away from all of these guys unless it looks like one of the backs shows hes a cut above the rest. The most likely guy to do this is Lendale white... but it wont happen until late in the season or next year.

White has not shown anything all preseason and has done nothing but show that he can not stay healthy. I think of the three Henry if given the opportunity will show the same tallent that he showed in Buffalo.

He is flying below the radar right now because everyone wants to believe the White hype that has been going around. There was a reason that this top 10 tallent fell to the second round on draft day.

Henry has proven that he can produce in this league, Brown has proven that he can not make it through a full season healthy, and White,,,,, well I am just waiting for him to prove he can get onto the field.

Henry will be the true sleeper this year!!!! Just my opinion