week 1

who to start week 1 @ rb and wr

rb

starting: RUDI @ KC, Foster vs ATL

which to play at the flex? Brown @ PIT, C. Taylor @ WASH, M. Bell @ STL

wr

starting: Boldin vs SF

which at wr#2? J. Walker @ STL, R. Williams vs SEA

right now actually leading toward bell at the flex and walker at wr#2. i love ronnie brown all year but week 1 against the steelers is not a good one. also javon walker is just playing a bad D whereas williams is not.

thanks guys

leave link

I would go with the Denver boys... STL's def is suspect and Walker will certainly take advantage of their soft secondary...

Boldin will tear up SF, so even if Javon doesn't go off you will still be in great shape.

Taylor and brown both have really tough matchups- you COULD go Brown simply due to the lack of competition and no one cutting into his carries, but like you said PIT's def on opening day will be scary.

Thanks for answering mine.

Your week one starters should be:

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Anquain Boldin

Roy Williams

Chester Taylor (FLEX)

It is the first week of the season. Start your studs.

Also STL Run defense is not as weak as some think.

The accusition of Will Witherspoon from Carolina is going to shore up a LB core and stuff the run.

The STL pass defense is suspect.

:huh:

rb

wr

right now actually leading toward bell at the flex and walker at wr#2. i love ronnie brown all year but week 1 against the steelers is not a good one. also javon walker is just playing a bad D whereas williams is not.

thanks guys

leave link

I agree with pdogs - I lean away from starting a RB/WR combo from the same team, unless they're both studs. Besides, Denver looks to be a committee RB situation right now, so best to wait to see how that works out (I have Tatum and I wish Shanahanadingdong would stop thinking he's so clever and just name a starter. Jerk.) It'll also be interesting to see if Roy actually catches fire this year. I had him off and on last year, and he showed some brilliance, but the QB situation right now looks murky. Good luck.

where is the love from all the guys i helped out?? :dunno:

thanks to those who have responded so far.

I say you have to start Brown and Johnson - Flex Foster

I'd start Anquan and Roy @ receiver.

Your week one starters should be:

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Anquain Boldin

Roy Williams

Chester Taylor (FLEX)

It is the first week of the season. Start your studs.

Also STL Run defense is not as weak as some think.

The accusition of Will Witherspoon from Carolina is going to shore up a LB core and stuff the run.

The STL pass defense is suspect.

;)

I agree with this guy! You cannot bench Brown and Walker is too risky early on.

You have to stick with your studs here. Play Johsnon, Brown, (flex) Foster. Go with Boldin and Williams. Thanks for seeing mine.

I would go with Brown Vs. Pit. even with the semi bad Matchup, first game of the year go with the stud.

Boldin and Walker at WR. Time to see what Walker can do in Denver and Boldin is coming off a god pre-season hopefully he is on a roll for ya.

Thanks for your advice.

:cheers:

rb

wr

thanks guys

leave link

I think that I would avoid C Taylor this week. Washington is going to be stacked on D again this year. I would start Walker as the #2 reciever. Flex, I'd go w/ Bell. If there is a week that he should get most the carries I'd say this is it. Shanny should at least give him a little rope to hang himself w/.

I would start Walker against StL. I dont like starting the WR and RB from the same team... so I would go with Brown. He has tough matchup against Pitt but it should be a low scoring game and he should get lots of touches.

Thanks for mine.

Ronnie and Roy, stick to your studs. Also I need to see Javon in one regular season game to know where he stands in the system and to gauge his knee.

Bell is a definite - assuming he's starting.

You're WR is a tossup. Walkers first game back v Williams in a game the Lions figure to trail in early.

I'd lean towards Roy and Mike Bell.