Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Sportsline "Guru" Fantasy Projections

For you all who use/have used CBSSportsline, you all know about the guru points which are the projected number of a player will score, updated each week. I usually discard them and think they are sometimes a joke, but do any of you guys know when CBS will post them? It's less than a week until opening night ? and nothing. I'm just curious about how many they are going to project Lundy and M.Bell to have...( i have em both, but not starting). Any ideas? :pointstosky:

They usually come out Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Not sure if they will be earlier next week. Don't expect more than 7 or 8 for either (per the guru) since I believe there are some averages used.

So you say that you know that they are useless, yet you are asking when they come out.

If anyone is still using the "guru" for their projections, starting lineup, or anything other than wiping their butt with the paper that it might be printed on, then you are wasting your time.

The "guru" is a computer projection based upon their initial projections for a player (generally one of the worst sources) along with weighted averages based upon recent past performance. If you are looking for projections on guys that are "hot" or "sleepers", then you are barking up the wrong tree.

HTH

I assume you don't refer to the projected points you can find under:

Scoreboard -> Preview ?

Scoreboard -> Preview ?

yes thats what I'm talking about...but its not there yet

and im just curious to see ? i dont base my life/lineup choices from it

Scoreboard -> Preview ?

I read it to be one in the same. It IS entertainment value (it sounds like that is what Striker is using it for - or at least I hope).

I read it to be one in the same. It IS entertainment value (it sounds like that is what Striker is using it for - or at least I hope).

yea..i was just curious....

Interesting. In my league it has been there since right after the commish had put in the draft results.

rly ? :mad:

ok..tell me the guru for Culpepper, Rudi, Westy, TO , Ward, McMichael, Elam, Broncos DST

haha :mad:

rly ? :mad:

ok..tell me the guru for Culpepper, Rudi, Westy, TO , Ward, McMichael, Elam, Broncos DST

haha :mad:

CPep: 7

The RB's the owners who have them did not put in their lineup yet so I can't see it

Same with your WR's

And your TE :-)

Elam: 8

Broncos went undrafted.

Anything else I can't help you with ? :banana:

Sportsline is idiot. =)

Wali Lundy wasn't even listed in their top 300 RBs.

Sportsline is idiot. =)

hahaha ...

Sportsline is idiot. =)

Yeah, he has 0 Guru points in his forecast :shocking:

For you all who use/have used CBSSportsline, you all know about the guru points which are the projected number of a player will score, updated each week. I usually discard them and think they are sometimes a joke, but do any of you guys know when CBS will post them? It's less than a week until opening night ? and nothing. I'm just curious about how many they are going to project Lundy and M.Bell to have...( i have em both, but not starting). Any ideas? :banana:

If this was the reason to stick with Sh!tsline, I'm glad I switched my league over to MFL!