Sign in to follow this  
theMSUkid

Need some draft opinions/advice

Want some opinions: 10 team keeper league, I have #2, 3 and 4 picks in the first round. My RB's are T Bell, W McGahee and W Parker.

Obviously going to take 3 rb's with my picks but which ones? I already know my brother is taking R Bush with #1, so that leaves

L Maroney

D Williams

L White

J Addai

M Bell

C Taylor (no one kept him)

A couple guys have told me I need to take M Bell for sure cuz I have T Bell, but I hate the thought of using a top 4 pick on a RB for Denver! Who knows who will end up carrying the ball the most :dunno: , it's Denver we're talking about. Yeah the argument could be if I take M Bell I should be guaranteed to have the #1 in Denver.

I really like Maroney and White, won't be long before they both are the starters. D Williams has huge upside. I'm not sold on Addai, he was injury prone in college and Rhodes is no slouch. I do like Taylor but for some reason I like the thought of taking three rooks and worst case have solid trade bait.

I also have the #1 in the second round and my own #4 in the second. With the knuckleheads in my league there's a good chance Lundy and/or Norwood will be there at 2.1

Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

Thanks,

theMSUkid

How is your league set up? Do you really need 6 rb's?

Flex option roster: QB, 1-2 RB's, 2-3 WR's, TE, K and D

Keep 12 players, draft 8

It's not necessarily that I need 6 rb's, I'm thinking about moves I can make with others in the league too.

Rest of my roster:

QB's Palmer and Leftwich

WR's Housh, Wayne, Bennett, M Jones

TE Shockey

K J Brown

D Giants

Flex option roster: QB, 1-2 RB's, 2-3 WR's, TE, K and D

Keep 12 players, draft 8

It's not necessarily that I need 6 rb's, I'm thinking about moves I can make with others in the league too.

Rest of my roster:

QB's Palmer and Leftwich

WR's Housh, Wayne, Bennett, M Jones

TE Shockey

K J Brown

D Giants

Your recievers have a lot of potential. Housh and Wayne could put up big numbers. Matt Jones is the #1 in JAX now, isn't he? Of the backs you list I would look at DeAngelo Williams and Maroney. Foster is prone to injury and Dillon is old and coming off injury. Though I did read that Maroney is currently injured but I don't think it's severe.

Your recievers have a lot of potential. Housh and Wayne could put up big numbers. Matt Jones is the #1 in JAX now, isn't he? Of the backs you list I would look at DeAngelo Williams and Maroney. Foster is prone to injury and Dillon is old and coming off injury. Though I did read that Maroney is currently injured but I don't think it's severe.

Yeah Jones is the #1 in Jax. Personally I like Maroney, Williams and then I'm trying to decide between White or Taylor. Of course Taylor is a starter, but I also like White's long term potential. He's a punishing runner and I believe it's only a matter of time before Brown gets hurt.

But I need to be smart about how I use these three picks, don't want to draft on who I like.

I'll probably take a stab at Cutler or Leinhart with the 2.1 pick and grab another WR with 2.4

Thanks for the feedback.

If you go with 3 rb's, then Addai, Taylor and D. Williams. Taylor is the unquestioned starter-that's easy. DeAngleo Williams has a great chance of being the starter with Foster's injury history and Addai could easily be Indy's starter.

I also think Williams and Maroney are the first two. Besides being close to replacement time for their teams starters they also both have the benefit of good personnel around them to maintain continuity in their offenses. Until Tenn dramatically improves their defense as well as improvement to O-line plus questions with QB future I wouldn't be very excited about Lendale White. I wouldn't suggest M Bell as an addition to having Tatum since all that does is give you both backs who may or may not be playing and you'll never know for certain. I would consider dropping Tatum for Mike though. But before I'd do that I'd take Chester and wait a couple of weeks for injuries (hopefully not him) and see what trade value he's got. Maybe I'm missing the boat on Addai but I don't see it.

I also think Williams and Maroney are the first two. Besides being close to replacement time for their teams starters they also both have the benefit of good personnel around them to maintain continuity in their offenses. Until Tenn dramatically improves their defense as well as improvement to O-line plus questions with QB future I wouldn't be very excited about Lendale White. I wouldn't suggest M Bell as an addition to having Tatum since all that does is give you both backs who may or may not be playing and you'll never know for certain. I would consider dropping Tatum for Mike though. But before I'd do that I'd take Chester and wait a couple of weeks for injuries (hopefully not him) and see what trade value he's got. Maybe I'm missing the boat on Addai but I don't see it.

With the Bell's, I just don't like the idea.

The more I think about it I'm leaning toward Williams, Maroney and Taylor. Who knows what will happen at the draft at noon, but one of the others could very well be there in the 2nd.

Thanks for the input!

:first: