Sign in to follow this  
Gridiron Mafia

Haynes released by Bears picked up by Saints?

What is up with all the Bears first round picks being given up on? Columbo, Haynes, Enis etc etc. Haynes didnt get a great shake in Chicago IMO. The Saints pick him up and he immediately becomes the 4th DE on the depth chart. Is this a $ move or what? Any Chicago homers shine some light on this?

The Bears can't draft. Simple as that.

Exception: Middle linebackers. We'll hold judgement on Benson and Grossman. If he is hurt again this year, all bets are off...

Columbo was the 29th pick, so he wasnt really a high pick and he had some major injuries being out for 1.5 years.

Enis blew and was a big time bust

Haynes was ok, but not quite good enough to start. He was too small to play DT and too slow to play end. In the Bears current D, you have to have the penetration inside or the speed on the outside and Haynes has neither. I think he will still have an ok career as a spot starter, but he didnt fit in well with Rivera's defence. He also never complained and was a good citizen - hope he does well in NO.

From Angelo's drafts, he has been spotty in the 1st round, but has hit on many mid rounders that became all pros. Urlacher and harris have been good to great. Columbo and Haynes have not for reasons stated and Grossman / Benson are in wait and see mode.

Mid rounders include Briggs, Vasher, Tillman, Ian Scott, Mike Brown, Alex Brown and late rounder Cliff Harris - essentially the core of the best D in the league was drafted by Angelo.

I saw Haynes play in college at Penn State and I must say I was surrpised that him and Bryant Johnson wre first rounders. LJ and Jimmy Kennedy were going to be 1st rounders no matter what. Haynes played off of Kennedy and that got him alot of success. Kennedy was a monster in 2002.

I saw Haynes play in college at Penn State and I must say I was surrpised that him and Bryant Johnson wre first rounders. LJ and Jimmy Kennedy were going to be 1st rounders no matter what. Haynes played off of Kennedy and that got him alot of success. Kennedy was a monster in 2002.

the funny thing is, if LJ was on a different team all 4 of those guys could have busted

Arrington could be considered a bust from where he was taken, Courtney Brown busted

what Penn State guys actually produce in the NFL?