Sign in to follow this  
fucrew

J. Jones or F. Gore

Who would you start this week? Jones vs. Jaguars Def....or Gore vs. Cardinals Def.?????

I'm currently leaning towards Gore.

Julius Jones is the conventional choice, so go with that. But I have Gore starting on my team, and I can't shake the feeling that this guy is a FF star on the rise. That's probably the same creeping feeling you're having to even consider Gore over Jones. Plus, Arizona is a creamy matchup for Gore.

Julius Jones is the conventional choice, so go with that. But I have Gore starting on my team, and I can't shake the feeling that this guy is a FF star on the rise. That's probably the same creeping feeling you're having to even consider Gore over Jones. Plus, Arizona is a creamy matchup for Gore.

I disagree--start Gore. JJ is going to split carries and might lose goal-line touches to Barber, while Gore is the undisputed featured back against a weak D.

my thoughts exactly.....i think Gore is going to be a FF stud (if his knees hold up). Typically, i'd start Barber and Portis, but Portis is too uncertain so i have to decide between Jones and Gore this week. Gore is going against the Cards, so i thought he would be a better start this week.

I disagree--start Gore. JJ is going to split carries and might lose goal-line touches to Barber, while Gore is the undisputed featured back against a weak D.

Well it's hard to go wrong, then. But remember Gore is on an anemic team. He may not get any chances at the goal line. A good game for him would be 20 carries for 77 yards. Jones may score more. There's a reason he is ranked higher, despite the presence of Barber.

i've got a similar problem. for #2 rb, I need to choose btwn Gore and Jamal Lewis. Jamal is @ TB so I guess the logical choice is Gore but it's tough to depend on the niners.

I guess the logical choice is Gore but it's tough to depend on the niners.

Thats true, and I agree a lot with what you say.

Remember this - "Even the worst teams score points and win games in the NFL".

Good Luck!

So does anybody like Jamal Lewis @ TB?

it's either that or Gore vs ARI

[my #1 RB is Steven Jackson]

So does anybody like Jamal Lewis @ TB?

it's either that or Gore vs ARI

[my #1 RB is Steven Jackson]

I'd wait to see how Lewis does vs Tampa's Def first. Gore has the much easier matchup.

The one thing I love about Fantasy Football is all the second guessing. Have fun!

Good Luck! :banana:

I agree. Gore was handed starting RB, and 1st time starters always feel they have to prove themselves. He'll be there for the goal line rush TD's.

Do any of you remember watching JJ tear through defenses two seasons ago, when he was healthy? He was amazing, and this is his year to break out. Start him over Gore every week.